How do I get actual note from patterns and phrases?

Discussion in 'Software' started by john klemens, Jun 6, 2023.

1. john klemens

john klemens Newbie

Does anybody know how to get actual musical note phrases and patterns?

For example, NI's Irish Harp, when you play provided patterns and phases, the only note recorded in your DAW is corresponding key. Is there anyway to get the whole note instead of just the pressed key?

I know Toontrack's EZ series provide grooves, but this does not seem the case with Kontact libraries.

Thank you.

3. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

I don't know this particular library but these days if the phrases are midi, there is usually a midi drag and drop facility.
    Edit.
    I just saw this on the sister site. If you watch the video you will see that you can drag the pattern into your DAW.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  4. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Yeah, there's a drag and drop button, quite hidden unless you use a lot of Kontakt libraries, but the Perform page and drag that odd square-fourway-switch to a track or clip slot or whatever. Works fine in Ableton so it should be good elsewhere as well.

[​IMG]

5. JonnyRoxor

JonnyRoxor Member

You can get "Melodyne" to analyze the audio and spit out the midi. It worked well the last time i tried it with some guitar...

6. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

I dont use ableton but I thought ableton had a built in audio to midi functionality... bounce the single note as a wav then put it into ableton and have it spit out the midi??

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

yep. In Logic you enable Flex Time, switch it to Track in the editor window, change to Flex Pitch, and then do Create Midi Track from Flex Pitch Data. Melodyne may give slightly more accurate results, but I have never had reason to compare them. The Flex Pitch trick is usually what I need.

I was about to do this with a new track I am working on, but instead I used EZ Keys 2 "Bandmate" feature on an audio file bounce. It works way better than I had expected it to, even with a wav of mixed/layered parts. Pretty impressive.