How do I eliminate the smooth volume adjustment of an item?

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by MINIGUNPUNK, Oct 2, 2021.

1. MINIGUNPUNK

MINIGUNPUNK Kapellmeister

How do I eliminate the smooth volume adjustment of an item?
    [​IMG]
    When I turn this button (see screenshot) the volume changes smoothly depending on the position of this knob, but I do not like the smoothness, this delay irritates me, I need a sharp.
    What bothers me a little is that the volume control is smooth, not immediately, I can not quickly balance the volume, because the sound changes its volume smoothly, I need to sharply changing the volume, how to do it?

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

That's really a strange behaviour and no clue why it takes Reaper some time to adjust the volume.
    The only solution I know of is to insert JS: Volume Adjustment to the item. This works instantaneously. If the def window size is too small for you just make it bigger with the mouse.

4. MINIGUNPUNK

MINIGUNPUNK Kapellmeister

@No Avenger
    Can you explain it to me? I want to switch from FL Studio to Reeper, as it seems more powerful and stable to me. I already did a little customization of the keyswitch, but as you wrote, I don't know how to do it, tell me how to implement this feature you wrote about

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

A pic says more than 1000 words (I hope). :winker:

[​IMG]

6. Fried Potato

Fried Potato Member

And please note what No Avenger talk abut is Take FX / Item FX not Insert FX. For further explanation about item volume control you can alway refer Kenny video.

7. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

The 'Red Line' in your above example, also adjusts the clip level with more control. Reaper have an extensive set of volume/level settings & tweaks. Some done by setting in 'Preferences'. Some done by action/scripts.

Take the time to:
    • look at all available settings in Preferences
    • read the manual
    • watch the Reaper videos