How do I delete my own posts?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Baxter, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

Yes i agree, I was in this situation as you described and i managed to resolve this issue with the user that commented on my thread!
    you are 100% right! someone should have told me that there is no Delete option!
    I stopped using facebook 2 years ago the reason was simple, i cant delete my account it always reappears i don't know why?:dunno:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. foster911

foster911 Guest

@Peter Krav why do you want to delete some of your posts? You really remind me of @The Teknomage (my true friend forever). When I see your comments, subconsciously his ones being borne in my mind. I'm so regretful that we missed him. He was one of AS's legends. His comments have not been edited even once.:sad:

3. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

As you noticed i'm not a native English speaker i did a lot of spelling mistakes on my posts especially one the first thread i ever made! Sure i can edit them, but the best way is to delete them, some users have misunderstood them and i don't blame them for that! Another reason is that i am not allowed to have my finished track posted in the section Work in progress as a demo! My inbox conversations Reminds me always some mistakes that i did and some of them make me fell bad (I followed the rules, i didn't send any inappropriate messages to anyone)

4. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

New internet laws

One is being held accountable now for what is being said on the webs

So think before you write some shite

Other possible reasons for this may be that it is simply too expensive to offer a delete function, this is a free forum after all, not a country club where you can order a la carte

Insert coin to delete posts

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

I still think you're Teknomage's soul.:mates:

6. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

same thing happened to me. that's the price we pay for making smart-ass statements for a laugh when some folks have no sense of humor. but i digress.

as baxter has already pointed out, you always have the option of editing your posts - where you can completely remove anything that you posted. of course the downside to that is if someone else quoted your post, you have no control over that. so think of this like a face-to-face conversation where you can't necessarily take it back.

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Fortunately I don't shit-post too much or write moronic things, but sometimes I write something that has already been said by another member...or post a link which is crappier than other's links. Then I simply want to delete and clean up my shitty contribution. That's all. :)

8. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

@Baxter neither do i. This is not the reason i want to delete my inbox messages from other users not just leave them inactive.Sorry for keeping your thread alive. I have made only 2 threads, and i don't regret it, but delete button would be pretty handy in some cases.And it's not expensive as said above it used to be a (delete option) on this forum

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  9. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

You can always be a dick and make an edit to your post deleting everything, no?
    I would advise against doing it though :)

10. spacetime

this forum is going forward only

you were stupid, a cunt or both and feel shame and or guilt

Well, lucky you, noone gives a shit about your inferiority as much as you do. Do it better next time or whatever

Next topic is already loaded into the chamber and aimed at your head

We could have better smilies though, or any way to add sounds quickly.. you know, for the finer joys of life which cannot be appropriately communicated in words

But heck, you wanna obsess about the past, you are welcome to do it, everyone will know what a stupid son of a bitch you were since your posts will stay here for all eternity, never to be deleted

EDIT: I will also suggest to remove the edit button, when i grew up we dint even have such luxuries and i turned out a fine young man

11. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

quite debatable. :rofl:

12. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

"Luxury! We used to live in a lake!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

"You were lucky to have a lake. There were 150 of us living in a shoe box in the middle of the road."

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

I have 2 threads one is located work in progress the broblem is: The track isn't work in progress any more and my label will not accept the track if it is posted on SC as a demo! I can delete the track or change the url or i can leave it as it is and make another track! All i asked to have an option to delete treads like work in progress so where is the broplem with this? You still have a delete option on (profile posts) i don't need to delete any of my posts even if they have spellings mistakes, I hope you will understand now! In this world there are good people and bad people it's just a choice what you want to be!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  15. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

that is obviously the case when we can remove the post. but usually members simply edit their post and remove the content.

16. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Well... removing the thread on AS won't necessarily remove it on SC... So after removal on SC, the AS link to it would point nowhere.

17. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

Thank you @SAiNT yes i was thinking about removing the track but then the conversation and the thread is useless (can you delete it?)

18. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

I'm with @SAiNT here, as far as editing the post to say it's been released and can't be up anymore. Perhaps there's useful content in the thread for other members despite the original track no longer being there. :dunno:
    Of course your track, your choice. Just another thing to think about regarding deletion of the complete thread.

19. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i honestly don't understand the problem here. all Peter Krav needs to do is delete the song on soundcloud. deleting the post here does nothing to achieve the record label's demand that it not be posted on soundcloud.

20. spacetime

its about the fuss and fame

and coins