How do I delete my own posts?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Baxter, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

How do I delete my own posts on Audiosex forums? Is there a bug? Is it just me? There seems to be no delete function on my end.

Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum. Feel free to move it to correct one.

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

AFAIK it´s not posseble! :dunno::sad:

4. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

log in -> profile - > privacy bar - > advanced settings - > show all posts by topic - > select the one you want to delete - > add action - > delete

restore is not possible, be careful ;)

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Wait.
    I can't delete individual posts, like this one, with the edit button anymore? That's messed up.
    Anyone know the reason behind this?

6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I guess you need to consult SAiNT!

7. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

If you´re able to do this you have better edit options than I have!!!

This is as far as I can go: "profile - > privacy bar"!

The rest isnt an option!

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

I think it's been disactivated just for posting the contents smartly and not causing any trouble for the cherished mods.:rofl:

PS:
    I also want the dumb button to be brought back. It makes you feel really alive. Its replaced button "nasty" is for beloved ladies not rough-skin baby boys.:bleh::rofl:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2017
  9. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

i hate when administrators remove edit/delete option, but it's a measure i had to take because there's been few occasions when members went crazy and removed all their posts, which i consider to be top of selfishness, since those topics/comments had other members replies and when one individual removes his comment, replies to that comment might not make any sense to those who read topic for the first time.:sad:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

So, how can i delete my post? Thanks.

11. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

AFAICS you have no posts to delete Peter Krav! :dunno:

12. SAiNT

you can't do that, because other members comments may depend on it.

if there's a real, objective need in removing your post, you can contact one of our moderators.

13. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

What is AFAICS? I'm not a native English speaker. Yes i do and
    if i knew there are no options to delete my thread i would not create it, and i read the rules. nothing mentioned there about delete options! All I asking is how to delete my posts? Will someone help me?

14. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Means = as far as I can see!

15. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

Thank you @SAiNT .I will, but my opinion is that there should be a delete button for each user in this forum as there is the choice to make and write any thread! at least at some sections of this forum should be! I can't delete my inbox conversation this is not right.

16. SAiNT

@Peter Krav, like i said two times above, i cannot delete all your posts just because you want to. one of your comments might be a part of a chain in conversation with other members which would not make any sense if removed. please try to think objectively - i cannot remove a part of AudioSEX just because one day someone woke up and decided it's a good idea. every little contribution is important, even in such small proportion.

there are cases in which comments can be removed. for example, if it jeopardizes you or any other member of AudioSEX.

as for self account deletion - that i agree. there's no option for it in this engine, but i found a plugin that implements self account deletion and i will set it up within next few weeks.

17. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

I do understand that but how about my inbox conversation and my work in progress that isn't work in progress any more and i really need to take it down this sections should have delete button! If i delete my acount will my threads will still appear?

18. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Thanks for replying and sorting it out! I figured this to be the cause/reason behind disabling the delete-button.
    At least there's an option to edit the post, if something needs to be hard-edited. :)
    Keep it up!

19. SAiNT

XenForo engine uses another term for removing your conversations - Leave Conversation. it's basically the same as Removing :yes:

of course.

i agree, but unfortunately there is no option to allow removing posts in one forum and disallow in another. if you want to remove topics with your tracks, send the links to moderator and he will take of it for you.

sure :wink:

20. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

No offense to anyone.. but the notion is when you speak(write) anything here your right to restore your privacy to a state of absence from a specific conversation, or from the site entirely is not granted to you. This means your rights would only be granted upon a special request you submit to one with administrative privileges to enact your privacy. And if your request were denied it is a legal issue at that point in which you're surely in the right. However, it requires you to have legal representation if it reaches that stage of denial. I know because I've been down that road before. Large sites like facebook are structured to conform to any legal criteria when it comes privacy rights. It's based on a common principle.. A person has the right to step out of the house and wave to everyone, and they can also go back inside and close the door when they want to. I understand Audiosex is structured as "When you're out there.. you're all the way out there". Smaller sites in general tend to draft their own book of law. And it's common for them to carry clauses that don't check out when paired with government law. It comes with the territory. You can't expect a small outlet to have big table meetings with a legal team present every time they want to implement a change.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  21. Impressive

Impressive Guest

IMO, if it is our own thread we should be able to delete other users comments from it. Sometimes when I make a thread there's always at least 2 or 3 users who say something kind of egoistic or stupid that throws off the point of the post. I've had users say something that could be taken rude so in turn I ended up requesting that the entire thread be deleted by a moderator. Not only to protect myself but to protect that user from being seen as an ass. I could confront them about it but I often avoid that due to severe social anxiety. I hate to get into arguments even on the internet. It's unhealthy.
    But then if removing other users comments were an option, I'd probably have zero comments left because some of the stuff I say is pretty ridiculous... Many don't quite understand it. But I don't let that shut me up. If I've got something funny to say I'm gonna say it & I'm gonna say it loud & proud so everyone can hear/read it.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So while it can make the replies sound confusing, we should have the option to delete those replies too. Because sometimes we deleted those comments because the reply made us feel weird. Sometimes the replying user completely misses the point. So we delete our comments to avoid having to explain it to those who didn't quite grasp it. We don't always have the patience to explain ourselves to people half the world away. So we just make ourselves disappear. At least that's why I had to do it sometimes.

Deleting posts is something you should go to a moderator about. Unfortunately not everyone is a responsible human being. And some folks make threads dissing the whole forum. I bet they wished they could have deleting their threads before the mods saw it and banned them. They come & think "Oh I can just make the rudest thread ever, leave it up for an hour to 2 to troll people & then delete it!" Then they go to delete their thread, see that there's no "delete" button & they go "oh shit"... and that was their final words before they were removed from the AS user database. So I would not change this rule at all. If you wanted that rule back then we'd have to make the forum invite only. And I've found that invite only places are usually run by very narcissistic, paranoid people who think the world is out to destroy their almighty godly forum & treat the invite process like walking thru the pearly gates of heaven. That's not our style. Saint built this forum so that it was open to all. You are greeted with simple rules & a simple way of proving yourself first before you are officially have full rights (6 comments/posts that need to be approved my moderators, which is smart & harmless).

As for the "dumb" vote, people abuse this sometimes as "spam votes". They'll go thru your profile & mark everything you post as stupid. I used to have only about 5 or 10 negative ratings on my profile before someone decided to spam vote my stuff. Now I have 40. I have fallen victim to this a number of times. Someone once went thru my profile a couple of times & "nasty" voted about 15+ comments of mine in 5 minutes. I didn't report it because I have better things to do then get mad at what some person half the world away has to say about my content. "There's a world out there to be explored but let me sit here and spend a nice sunny weekend reporting someone for spam voting" - Said no sane human ever. While I don't wanna remove this button, I do think we need order or some kind of restraint on these votes to prevent spam.
    The real question is... how? It would be an interesting discussion.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List