How do I Delete files without 'destroying' a library?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by EAR TO LEARN, Nov 27, 2018.

1. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

Before I start I apologise for the wording of this post as it's very difficult to explain for me

I have some particular Libraries with sounds I want to keep and sounds I don't i.e, Symphobia Lumina.
    I'm also trying to get rid of anything I know I won't need to save space on my HD

There are some nki files that I know how to delete simply, but the nkx files are the ones taking up the space. The files just say Lumina_001, Lumina_002 and so on. How would I know which ones to delete? Is there a way to do this without destroying other presets/instruments as I know that some instruments may share the same samples...I'll leave this picture and explain a bit further

lumina1.JPG

For example I'd like to delete the highlighted 'A Fantasy - Majestic.nki'. I believe these are what they call 'multis'. How would I do this without deleting other instruments (please remember it's not the nki file itself that's the problem, it's the nkx files with all the gb of data)

Thanks in advance

3. mono

mono Audiosexual

Hi PROJECT MJULTRA
    what i would try first is resave each instrument in a new folder on my desktop,
    save it with patch and samples not monolith then when everything is resaved that you would like to keep
    add all the ncw files into one folder,
    this will make sure any dup ncw files used by other instruments are all removed and you only have one copy of each ncw file.
    After that i would check the size of the new samples folder and if its smaller than the original samples folder
    reorganize the instrument nki files into subfolders if you have lots of them just for better use
    and then do a batch resave after the new lib is copied to where you would like to use it from.

There is an other way but this is lest destructive.

4. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

Thank you, that never crossed my mind. :wink: