How do I create 3d txt effect overlays in video like this example...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TruBlood, Feb 24, 2017.

1. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

I have been getting good at video production, the editing and fundamentals but I want to add 3d overlay effects like these ones and others obviously. Is there a certain software to create these 3d txt clips or do I use whats in Final Cut Pro X. Turn the volume down for the video (it's terribley produced and written)

3. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I don't even see any 3D text.

4. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

this could be a terrible example.. But do you guys know what I mean.. Making Moving/3d txt like in ad commercials.

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Use keyframes to transform and move the image.
    FCP can use Photoshop PSD files natively which is cool for the transparency and working with separate layers but if you just need a static image with varying opacities, save as 32-bit .png with alpha channel.
    If you're talking about the visualizer part use Motion

Ask @subGENRE. He made some dope videos with similar effects.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  6. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

7. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

8. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

Thanks I have been learning all these cool things like key framing (automation in music production terms)

9. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

that was made in AE
    like this

10. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

I assume you want graphics react to music... there really is no 3D text, like @tooloud said

- search Google for After Effects (Audio) Spectrum template - there are free ones.
    - look for those that have a tutorial and if you don't want any external plugins, check that too - I think the one you posted has "flakes" made with Trapcode Particular plugin by Red Giant
    - in AE open Effects & Presets -> Audio Spectrum plugin. Throw Polar Coordinates on it if you want a circle. Again, find a tutorial - there are 100s of them on YT

From there you don't even have to be good at CG to play with parameters and get creative. If you instead want something else, like 3D text/ graphics mangling - as posted by @The Dude - please give us a better example.

11. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

yuo can make it hard way with 3dMAX, MAYA, Cinema 4d

or use easier stuff BluffTitler, TitlerPro, Aurora 3D Animation Maker, i think it new name for aurora 3d titler?

12. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Yup. Then spread out 8 spectrums per layer to make the lines fat not skinny. Then layer em up 3 times in different colors with different decay times for each layer. Eye candy
    look for the tutorials witout templates is my suggestion and don't be afraid to experiment with the settings :wink: