how do i count this?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by samsome, Dec 29, 2020.

1. samsome

samsome Guest

so up to 1:32 its ok i can keep counting 1 2 3 4 normally...usually 1 kick 2 snare 3 kick 4 snare

but at 1:32 and onwards for 2-3 seconds its the last bar with a short fill on the crashes..........but during that fill there's some extension? or? going on to the measure because i can't keep counting 1 2 3 4 normally during that fill onwards

can someone explain me what exactly happens?

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

It's just syncopations (over 4/4).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  4. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Just feel the underlying 4/4, as Baxter said it don´t change, and you´re not bad with that toy drums.

5. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I dont understand your question really, I don't see anything wrong in that video, or in his playing just that the playing is a little inconsistent (but nothing is really wrong with that). But in term of counting, probably 16th note ? or have you heard of something called half-time ? (not the plugin) in music ? I could be wrong. Plus a rhythm doesn't really have to be "one bar" start at 1 finish at 4.

6. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I can. You will eventually!
    The idea is to continue counting the same throughout. The cymbal is just a push, an 8th before the 1. That should help how you think of it.
    That's not samsome! :rofl:
    Why would he be asking, if he could play that?! And doing the thing he says he can't count?