How do I add/use the Profiles from ToneNet in R2Rs IK Multimedia's TONEX?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, May 4, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I've been trying to work out how to add these, but keep coming across confusing and contradictory information that's really unclear in terms of how to add these.

In the latest v1.1.6 (as of 4 May 2023), there are 3 folder with the release called:

• 00 - IK Multimedia Stuff
    • 01 - 29.09.2022 - 05.03.2023
    • 02 - 07.03.2023 - 31.03.2023
    These then have sub-folders within some of them for Presets, Amps, Cabs, Rigs, Stomps, All In One, and so on, which all have .csv and Library.db files within them, none of which I can work out what to do with.

How can I add these to have an as complete and updated database of amps, cabs, pedals, and so on, as is possible?!

Anyone able to provide a simplified step-by-step on how to add/import these so I can use them in TONEX?

3. 7897898797978

7897898797978 Noisemaker

There is a merged version of all those db on Audiosex, however i wouldn't use it cause:

-1 it's full of capture of plugins and bad captures
    -2 the bigger library.db is, the slower tonex will load, and i mean really slow

so, maybe look those db and mark as favourite the presets you wanna keep and then i can merge the dbs for you, but dont go beyond 3000 profiles or it will be too slow

4. Harish Pamu

Harish Pamu Ultrasonic

Same question here as well... where do i put the files at?

5. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

I agree. There are some good captures, even ones that are captured from Kemper profiles, but trying to sort them out with the ToneX Library Manager (or one-by-one in ToneX) is just not worth it. I deleted them and have been sticking to the stock IK captures. They are better than 99.9% of the user created captures. I mostly use NAM now anyways, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not having access to IK ToneNet.

6. Davman

Davman Producer

You should really read the Tonex thread. The information that you require is there. Then download a Library file from the Tonex thread and then delete which amps and other things that you do not want using...

https://www.codefn42.com/tonexdbexplorer/index.html

I downloaded the Libraries from Roger and then mass deleted all of the bass profiles and bad stuff from people who put masses of poor profiles on Tonesnet.
    I then added all of my paid profiles.

izn444nz
    shares the full Library again on the Tonex thread. Though his Library.db file needs to be renamed for it to work.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This thread is what I was alluding to in my OP. It has a lot of scattered and fractured advice as well as contradictory advice, notwithstanding the tons of posts to try and filter through to get the relevant info that is corrent, and not the misinformation. It's just a really difficult thread to try and decipher for something that should be fairly easy. Therefore, was hoping for a simple step-by-step that works here, which I could then flag as the Best Andwer and be the defacto post to point people to in future without having to try and Da Vinci Code their way through the other thread :rofl:

8. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List