How do I add protected libraries to Kontakt?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Snusmumriken, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Snusmumriken

Snusmumriken Newbie

Hello everyone,

I've been using Kontakt 5.5.1 for the most of the time which have been working fine for me, and therefore I've not really had the desire to update it to a newer version until now.

Since there are so many great libraries I really want to get my hands on, I installed r4e's Kontakt 6.2.2 version (I can still run Kontakt 5 & 6 in my DAW). This went very smoothly and everything seems to work fine, although, I still don't understand how I can add newer and unregistered libraries to Kontakt 6+?

If I have understood correctly, I would have to update my very trustable 5.5.1 version (R2R) to a newer version which seems to be a mess (I've seen many people complaining that it's complicated to install and set everything up). I would therefore be more than grateful if someone could explain what I should do to be able to use newer libraries with my Kontakt 6.2.2!

Thank you very much in advance!

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

You have to install the "Add Library Tool" that also comes with Kontakt 6.2.2 R4e but in a separate installer in a different folder.

4. Snusmumriken

Snusmumriken Newbie

Oh, I totally missed this. Thank you so much! Although, I still have problems importing Cinepiano for some reason (even though it says it was successfully registered)..

5. coldwatrr

coldwatrr Member

Kontakt Portable with the Library Tool works like a charm for me.

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

This seems to be a common Kontakt problem, not release ones. There're topics about it here.