How did you get interested in Music Production?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ricbm710, Sep 30, 2022.

1. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

An old friend of mine gave me a dance ejay cd. Then I loved to push its limits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

Yes! Absolutely! :wink:

To the topic point. In the late 70's I was recording guitar tunes with simple cassette recorders. In the early 80's got a Commodore 64, then the Atari ST when it came out. First synths I bought were several Casio CZ models, followed by a couple ESQm's, Casio VZm's, Yamaha FB01's. All that more or less into a mixer to record onto a Teac 3440 4 track reel to reel.
    Early 00's got a Yamaha FS1R and a Kawai K5000, which is unusable because the floppy drive don't work just from age apparently.
    Now it's all computers and softsynths

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  3. darkhaku

darkhaku Newbie

I think i enjoyed the feelings I could get from certain songs, and i wanted to be able to transport feelings through sound aswell. That's not really limited to a music producer, but i guess that's what made me want to understand music and its production. Also, when i used garageband for the first time, i was impressed how easy to use it was and loved the possibilities. From then on it was wanting to be better at everything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. relexted

relexted Producer

I raved at drum&bass, hardhouse and techno events from the age of 12. Seeing producers play live sets was a big inspiration.
    Music already was my creative expression throughout my entire youth. Learned to play bass, guitar, piano, but mainly practised the classical hobo. (blame my parents) I traveled my country with several classical orchestra for 5 years.
    Also played the bass in a band as a side project and we won some prices at talent shows. Our mentor back then told me to try cubase since he noticed my talent for any instrument during our rehearsal/jam sessions. I was hooked to the experience of electronic music and became hooked making it. Been producing ever since. Even gave up the hobo and quit school for it.