How can we protect from electromagnetics?

Discussion in 'Studio' started by webhead, Feb 7, 2020.

1. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

A friend of mine had a heart operation and using a pacemaker. He has problems when the electromagnetic waves emitted from the systems affect the pacemaker while working in the studio. He got a device for measuring radiation and electromagnetic fields.

He said he cannot use Beyer DT770, Sennheiser HD600 and Sennheiser HD800 headphones. Computer is fine but headphones are not. Presonus faderport 8 is the worst one about electromagnetic field.

Is there anyone in similar situation? Is there something to do for cover such harms or has other suggestions? Maybe protective layers that can be used on the chest? Today my heart is fine but I might be in the same situation in the future. So any advice would be great.

3. alexbart

alexbart Producer

Hi, a friend of mine is in the same situation, from what I know, 10 centimeters of distance between headphone and pacemaker is safe and the same is valid for the rest of the equipment.

4. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

I don't know them and have no personal experience thank God, but I found this during a quick search for "emf protection for pacemaker users".
    emfcomp dot com/pacemaker_safety.htm. There's probably a lot more out there.

5. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

FWIW, I have earbuds with "air tubes" made to limit transmission of emfs to the user. It would be interesting to know if there are similar over the ear designs.
    Edited to add: I have the "Aircom" brand earphones. I noticed some Amazon sellers are branding them as "Anti-Radiation".

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020