How can I recreate this sound with third party plugins?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Djord Emer, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Hi folks, hope you're alright

So I decided to download FL Studio de other day just out of curiosity, to see what its all about. I'm not really familiar with it so I ended up making a simple beat with the stock drum kit and a preset from one of the instruments. The thing is... I ended up tweaking Maximus and Fruity Limiter in a really really cool combination that gave my beat a sweet "pump" (only masterchain processing, tracks had only eqs). I've been trying to recreate this pump ever since with third party plugins (since I'm not an FL user) with no success. Does anyone have any idea or suggestions? Track is below:

Attached Files:

3. Coochie Bean Paste

Coochie Bean Paste Kapellmeister

I would try using volume shaper with an eq before it. you could, for example use aux send to 3 differnt eq settings then volume shapers.
    create a multiband pumper.

4. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

It's called side-chaining and you can assign any channel into any other channel for that pumping ducking effect. Say for example your kick side chained to the bass channel in your mixer to have your kick very momentary cut out the sound of your bass as the kick hits to duck the bass behind it then automatically brings it back as the kick fades then repeats again. Side-chaining can be done from any channel into any other though, like high hats into pads which can also sound good.

That way the lowend of each party don't overlap and you don't lose and low end in the end. Gives an airy feel when you're off on your tits trying to hide your 3 dirties in yo Marlboro pack, trying to not lose one when being a good bro while sharing a cig with that chick who's asking for one at the club with your fluctuating Looney Tune 24x zoom of peripheral vision shot. Just for fucks sake tune your kick to your the key your bass & make sure your snare don't sound like honk, now will ya?

Thanks for coming to my Ted'echno Tutorial.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

The thing is... originally theres no sidechain involved. I made the beat, I know that lol. It's just two limiters in the master doing that. That's why it's so cool and why I want to know how to achieve that with third party plugins.

I suspect it might have something to do with this, since Maximus does offer multiband processing.

6. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

I wouldn't even really bother doing that with 2 limiters or sidechaining, I'd just do volume shaping as the user above mentioned. Seems it would be the easiest & most cpu efficient method but you could achive a pumping effect all sorts of ways, i guess.