How can I easily resize photos from online source?

Discussion in 'DJ' started by Bunford, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'm currently cleaning up my music collection and sorting out a bunch of tags. This is in conjunction with just having picked up a new Pioneer XDJ-RX3 decks.

I've discovered the Pioneer in-jog displays on controllers and devices apparently only display artwork that is in .jpg/.jpeg format and cannot be more than 800x800 or else it won't display it.

I normally use Beatport to grab artwork, but their artwork all seems to be 1400x1400 or sometimes 250x250 for the smaller displaying of the artwork.

Is there any easy way for me to be able to convert the 1400x1400 down to 800x800 without having to download and manually resize or upload to a resizing site and re-download? That will get very boring, very quickly for hundreds/thousands of tracks :rofl:Some art also in .png or .webp format on there too, so if the can be easily converted to .jpg it would be good too.

I would previously use mp3tag and just drag over the Beatport artwork into mp3tag, but mp3tag doesn't seem to have an option to resize or fix the artwork to a certain max size.

3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Batch converting, IIRC Photoshop can do this easily

4. Bits'nBytes

Bits'nBytes Guest

Others may have a better solution but if you can't do this the easy way via a website then one way is to download everything and convert the files in Lightroom. You shouldn't need to resize everything 'manually' if you batch convert. Also should be able to covert everything to one file type at the same time.

5. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

The problem is that you want to mass resize them within the embedded metadata, right?

The only thing I found that could do something like that is this:
    https://archive.org/details/sanse-mp-3-art-sizer-v-2.1

I don't know anything about it, have a try in anyway.

7. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Rock Star

do you have your audio files sorted into directories (folders in osx)? or is everthing thrown together in one directory. If you have to batch process through recursive directorys it could take a bit of scripting with a macro to do what you want.

back when i was doing this sort of thing I found it best to test on a small batch of 3 or 4 files to see if i got the results i wanted when doing image resizing. This also lets you time the execution of the process so you can calculate how long the entire project will take.

I would suggest you downsize your files to the size you need rather than trying to uprez anything as your likely to be dissapointed and it will take longer as well.

I guess this is the time to ask, are your files stored locally on your home system or do you use cloud storage aka NSA vault, for sharing your files with the government?

8. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star