How can i create this risers Effect?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Datal76, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Datal76

Datal76 Newbie

How can i create this riser Effect?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Add a pitch envelope (assign pitch to an envelope). Add some delay.
    That's the basic foundation (which goes pretty far).

4. Datal76

Datal76 Newbie

Excuse me but I'm a beginner.
    1) What sound to use to do this?
    2) With which Vsti?
    Thanks

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I'm sorry. I was in a bit of a rush.
    What VSTi you use is of little importance. What's important is to pick the one you know the best (and stick to it). Pretty much all synths have envelopes (which shapes the attack, decay, release and hold) of a parameter/effect. The most common is the volume/amplitude envelope (generally called ADSR), which decide how long time it takes for a sound to "swell up"(attack), "fall down once the swell has finished" (decay), "volume of the held note once the decay has declined" (sustain) and "the release/ringing once you let go of the key" (release).

Instead of controlling the volume you can tell your synth to control the pitch. Say you use the free Surge XT, which is awesome and pretty easy to understand due to its GUI layout.
    That way, when you press a key, the pitch will start low and keep rising in a steady amount (until you stop playing that key).
    PM me and I'll create a simple preset. I can do it tomorrow. I'm just heading out the door and will be back tomorrow.

7. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

As said, any "classic synth" will do. I chose Serum bc it's easy to show things. Non-linear portamento for pitch as the sound goes down & up. It is just a fast approximation - not an exact copy. Hope it may be of some help:

Adjust things like waveforms mix/level, filter type, add noise.. etc etc. Ask anything :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Datal76

Datal76 Newbie

Thanks For Help me.

9. Datal76

Datal76 Newbie

Many many thanks.

I look forward to your work!

10. Datal76

Datal76 Newbie

interesting thanks.

11. Datal76

Datal76 Newbie

I finally managed to recreate the sound FX thanks to your help. File Riser 4 UP Ok.

Now I would like to create this other effect. It seems simpler just that I can't figure out if the Flanger is there too... File Riser 2

Attached Files:

12. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Hey, sorry for the delay listened to the riser 2. IIRC that's not the original and the riser may be mixed in by the DJ(?). Hard to tell what exactly is going on, but I would go for 2 saw-ish waveforms, one octave apart + noise
    I've only put the flange (comb filter) on the filter to get a "trumpety" sound on the saw oscillator in the 1st ex. In this case you can try to route one (slightly detuned) saw AND the noise through a Flanger at the end. Make noise follow the pitch and you should get that Jet sound.

I'm not really a sound designer and I wouldn't waste too much time to get the exact result. Just wanted to show that things are usually very simple at the core (and baxter went on vacation..;). Then, experiment as much as possible.

There is a dedicated synth by The Air Music Tech - The Riser. Never used it, but I saw it has a lot of presets and possibilities. Still my advice would be to first use these "classic" synths + fx, esp for something like 90s music ;)