How can I activate UVI workstation soundbank? Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Metrraalex, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Metrraalex

Metrraalex Noisemaker

Hello everyone, so far I have managed to decipher where UVI saves the default soundbanks:

/Library/Application Support/

Every time I open UVI Worstation it tells me that it could not find the license file for the respective sound bank. I have the license but I don't know in which folder to paste it on Mac Os.

They say that it can only be activated in Windows, but simply knowing the path where the licenses are stored would be it.

Please help. Thank you.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Are you trying to use a non-free commercial released expansion? That's not going to happen. UVI soundbanks are like Kontakt libraries. There are some which are free, and you can use the Kontakt Player. Otherwise you need full paid (or hacked) Kontakt. UVI is the same thing. Workstation is their free "Player".

You can run the Windows versions on Mac in a VM, Parallels Desktop, or Crossgridder. How it works would depend on your Mac's specs.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  4. Metrraalex

Metrraalex Noisemaker

I think I understand it. So I need UVI Workstation premium (which in this case would be falcon, right?) to be able to add the library and use it.

I need falcon cracked for Mac, because from what I've searched I haven't found a single link. ..

So why when you download the library (audiotools) it comes with a license file. ..?? What's the use then if I'm not going to be able to use it anyway?

5. PAskaperse

PAskaperse Member

UVI Workstation and Falcon are exactly similar which comes to licensing banks, only difference is Falcon is highly editable and Workstation is just a "rom player", Falcon is not free but Workstation is, it is same like Kontakt and Kontakt player. Banks itself however are commercial for both, same banks and license applies for both and works exactly same way, again identical to Kontakt way.

6. Metrraalex

Metrraalex Noisemaker

I understood perfectly, then how do I activate a soundbank that I downloaded (pirated) on Mac os

I have the soundbank and the license.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

You can do this or you can pay $200 for Falcon 3. It's on sale right now. And then you can buy the expansion you are trying to use. Those are your options.

8. Metrraalex

Metrraalex Noisemaker

Perfect, thank you very much

9. gzilla

gzilla Ultrasonic

Pirate soundbanks can only use with pirate uvi workstation/falcon.