How Are The FX In This Track Made?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by AB69, Apr 6, 2018.

1. AB69

AB69 Newbie

Been listening and studying this track a bit and few of the elements interest me...

Start of track:
    1. There's this rising upsweep that has a groove to it, and it just keeps rising and rising. How exactly is this done? I usually use samples for my sweeps. Can this be done with a sample or do I need to make this sort of sweep in a synth? Any automation involved?

Starts at 0:27
    2. There's this male vocal echo loop going on. How is that sort of rhythm or delay achieved?

Starts at :1:01
    This clap that kind of goes back and forth. How is this done? With a few clap samples with delay? How is the back and forth really fast achieved?

Starts at 1:52
    Female vocal FX that goes yeah yeah yeah. What kind of delay? How does it fade in/out over time? Simple fade or a low pass?

I have a general idea of what's going on and how the elements may be made. The thing I have trouble with is I have a feeling a lot of these grooves may have these delay times were my ears aren't experienced enough to tell what sort of times they are going through. I am particularly interested in how the rising background sweep is made, how it keeps going and going without too much added tension, how it's not like a typical riser.

Will appreciate any guidance, cheers!

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

1) to me, it seems, it goes up, but it also goes down
    2) thirds/3s. try a 3/8 or 3/4 delay.

4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

This thread will fit better in the "how to make that sound" section.

5. AB69

AB69 Newbie

anyone?

6. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

That's a lot of stuff and you seem to want some details.

Just the rising and falling white noise + filters. Easiest to make in a synthesizer doesn't matter which one just use automation on the filters to go up and back down and back w.e.

The rhythmic element can be added with modulation (LFO Tool or similar,) a triggered effect (Pitch Funk) or a side-chained compressor.