House song im working on

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Nov 3, 2021.

1. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

hey ive been producing for some years since 2008 to be exact this is a wip of a song i made in this song im using ozone pro on ableton 11 suite i set it to medium setting for streaming and balanced preset at 50 percent any tips guys im more of a creative rather than a engineer also the vocals arent the best but its from some pack i downloaded any tips on how to get that french house sound ? Escucha french house de HOTBEATS | Disfruta de música y audio gratis en SoundCloud

3. samsome

samsome Guest

i'm not expert either, music is great

but vocals are buried! make room for them somehow, and make them louder! EQ? no idea, search for techniques

also i think i wouldn't mind very slightly less high's overall on the music, keep vocals the same

when vocals come in, they are more important

4. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

im glad that you liked the music thanks means alot to me , i also agree vocals are one of the key elements of the track i dont know maybe some saturation or eq could benefit them but i dont know about mixing so i just go by what sounds inmediatly better to me

5. samsome

samsome Guest

well from my knowledge you need to understand where the frequencies of the vocal are (in a frequency spectrum analyzer)

and then

1) lower those frequencies down from other instruments

or

2) pan some of the other instruments left and right instead of keeping them center competing with the vocal (important to check in mono if ok still)

but
    there's lots of techniques that I am not aware ....search for how to make room for the vocals online

but do raise the volume of the vocals also in my opinion

thats what i would do

yes your music is great already just check the balance of the mix too...if all frequencies are covered and if you have too many highs or if its balanced well..sometimes too many highs can tire the ears quick

don't make too many drastic changes......as long it sounds good to u its ok! but if you feel something is wrong work on it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2021
  6. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

Hey i finished the song here it is HOTBEATS SUN de HOTBEATS (soundcloud.com) hope you like it thanks for the production advices i also have some more songs in my profile you can check out too if you are interested if you have any songs i would like to hear them :)

7. samsome

samsome Guest

i wish i had any!! i don't have yet....I made one ages ago put it on youtube and got frustrated cause it wasn't getting views so i deleted it and will probably remake it down the line maybe

all the best ahead

check this

https://diymusician.cdbaby.com/news...m_content=link&utm_campaign=diy_en_all_110421

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2021
  8. DJMani

DJMani Ultrasonic

Well,
    This is Not House or French House.
    This is EDM and it's Loopy
    No EDM stabs, Cheesy Synths, Bad Vocals

Listen to some stuff on Traxsource
    to see what House Music sounds like
    Find some Obscure Disco Samples
    Listen to Souful House for Vocals understanding.

9. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

thanks man i will try to get signed into amazon artists if you release a song someday send me a link i wanna hear it :)