'Hot Stuff' synth sound

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by krakenfart, Jul 8, 2019.

1. krakenfart

krakenfart Ultrasonic

I've been asked to create a sound alike of the old Donna Summer classic 'Hot Stuff'. I'm trying to create the sound of the original - well as best I can. My results haven't been too close. Can anyone help please? Ta

K

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

you must be more in depth which particular sound you mean...:hillbilly:---- or do you mean the aesthetics of (genre)sound of track...

----
    forgive me the sitenote, btw ,i would love to kno how to create ww2 bomber flying up in the sky sound .

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@krakenfart Synths sounds? What keyboard do you have? Keep in mind that some of the parts are being played by a guitar. Doobie Brothers guitarist Skunk Baxter played the driving riff using a used Burns guitar he’d bought for $20.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. electriclash

electriclash Guest

right off the bat you hear a synth, guitar down doubling on the line + clean and crunchy strats underneath- think multiple layers rather than one synth sound

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Another thing is that Giorgio Moroder is not even playing those synth parts. Synth parts were played by Baxter himself and Harold.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

8. electriclash

electriclash Guest

this is so fun. I mean, I know it but the gear is a minimal element v the player

9. krakenfart

krakenfart Ultrasonic

Thank you ALL for your input. I must admit I thought 'that' synth line was just in octaves. I am surprised to hear it was a guitar underpinning it all. As for my sysnths, I have the Arturia collection but when I try to create anything resembling that sound it somehow morphs into a chicking giving birth to a rhino! Thanks for the suggestion about checking out the op-x link - I'll do that. I have a lot to check out. Thank you all once again.