Horrible Reaper Problem

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by kearnsy, Feb 8, 2016.

1. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Hi guys

I've just opened a project I was working on last night, but what's happened is when I tried to open it up just now, all the vst synths & drums have popped up (Pre project load) and one of the synths is asking do I want to proceed with loading that particular synth

The problem is all the other synths that have popped up are blocking me from clicking yes on the synth, so the project won't load if you know what I mean?

All I have is a screen with all the synths I've used stuck on my screen because I'm unable to click yes on the problem synth

At the bottom of my task bar, it shows all the synths i@ve used in the project that are trying to load, and I can cycle through them, but when I get to the problem synth and move my mouse to go to click yes, as soon as I move away from the bottom of the task bar to go to click on 'yes' so the project can load, all the other synths get in the way

Any ideas on what to do folks? Plus, is there a way from stopping the synths popping up each time a project loads?

For instance, Could I load up and empty project, and set something in the preferences that will stop the sytnhs from popping up before the project has loaded completely?

Thanks folks, hop you can help with this one

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. jaganshi

jaganshi Ultrasonic

It might be more helpful with a screenshot, but as for now, you can try enabling Only Allow One FX Chain window open at a time setting under Plug-ins menu of the preferences. Then load up your project again and see if the problem is solved. If so, save your project, untick this setting, and then try opening again.

4. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

5. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Try recreating the project from scratch after logging, making notes of your current project.
    I would recommend not opening another project tab and copy from tab to tab. Start from
    a single project window after a clean restart.

One more thing. Make sure that the option to open the last project is turned off in the
    preferences under 'General'.

Track levels, track setup, any complex routing you may have done, audio any instrument
    plugins used and their assignment. Plugins presets used and possibly saved if modified.

This is an issue that is rare but has happended to me twice since version 4. Never checked
    the Reaper forum for this topic. Cockos may not be aware.

7. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Just loaded the last project I had a problem with and after closing the two docked windows that always
    appear, I saved the project as a template first. Next I used the 'Close All Projects' option from the file menu
    and reopened the template. Next I saved as a project again, closed all projects and reopened the project file.
    No more docked fx windows.

8. dorian

dorian Ultrasonic

change screen resolution

9. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

I had similar problems, regarding covering vst plugins over a dialogue.

My solution:
    When you know, that there IS a dialogue that waits for input, just hit ENTER without touching the mouse.
    Very obvious, but I guess a lot of ppl don't use this trick.

As long as you don't click on anything after the dialogue appeared, the "focus" is on the "ok" or "cancel", so you just need to hit enter OR press one of the cursor buttons to change the selection.

Furthermore, you can workon Windows just using tthe keyboard! You don't need a mouse for anything (on OSX you need a mouse for several things), that means, it should be possible to cycle through the running processes with alt+tab or windowskey+tab until you have the dialogue - then hit enter.

hope it helps...