Horrible Bursts of Noise

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by filtersweep, Jul 4, 2018.

1. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

i've been using FL 20 on a laptop running win10 64 bit for a little while now but yesterday, for reasons i cannot fathom, my projects started just coming out as a horrible noise ( you can sometimes just about hear the music underneath ).. I wanted to see if any others had similar probs? otherwise i will have to try re-installing. don't know what else to do... thx

3. beatroot

beatroot Producer

This could be a simple problem.I have no idea about it.Have a little patience and our Maestros on this site will help you.:wink:

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Give us enough details about your setup or you'll get answers that won't help you much.

5. filtersweep

As i said, it's a laptop running win10 64bit. 8gb of ram.
    it seems to me ( this is my best guess) is that there is a 'memory leak', i have noticed the CPU is spiking at about 60 and everything is drowned in noise. sometimes it will come down after a short while but obviously i am not going to have anything usable at this rate...

of course i suddenly notice something just as i press send..
    it seems the culprit is jbridge. which is another nightmare because it seem's difficult to unisntall...
    sheez..

edit2: well, so much for that, the noise seems to come in randomly. sometimes it rights itself and i think i have it sussed. then back we go. it's too f***ing depressing...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. sir jack spratsky

sir jack spratsky Producer

mmmmm sounds like it might be fosters latest record???

7. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

its cool bro, we all went through our duB Step phaze..

8. saltwater

saltwater Guest

is this only in your daw or in browser/media players/games as well?
    does it happen on all projects?
    what if you start a new one (blank) ?

this could be a plugin, can you locate the noise in the mixer ?
    turn off everything one by one or better just remove all plugins one by one from the channels in a moment where the noise present.

9. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Plug-ins that bombed, can put out noise.

A persistent audio driver could change the sample rate,

make sure u use a asio driver in fruity and make sure windows And other apps that you might use in the background agree on this number

10. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

What's your audio interface? Update your drivers?
    I've had one or two problems over the last year with audio interface messing things up (maybe along with video engine) when changing between DAWs and different sample rates (PT and Cubase).

11. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Hi. Disconnect your whatever soundcard, switch driver to plain wdm or windows driver and playback from the laptop's onboard soundcard to see if you get the same. If all is fine chances are something is fkd with your driver inst allation or maybe your soundcard just went bananas.
    Cheers

12. filtersweep

i to have a feeling that it is something to do with the drivers.
    i changed them yesterday, from asio4all to FL bespoke drivers and the noise abated. however it did come back not long after. which seems to indocate the problem is the card and/or drivers. that's a pain though. it's a laptop and so i am stuck with whatever soundcard there is.
    i'll keep looking around for info on drivers for now.
    thanks for the comments.

13. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

First, make sure this noise is still audible through more than one set of speakers/headphones to make sure nothing physical is shorting out.

Next, take a look into @Kwissbeats advice..

Play any audio file in your DAW with no plugins loaded on any channel/s. If you don't hear any intermittent noise, there's more than likely a 3rd party plugin you use that's bombed and started running in trial/demo mode.

If you still hear the noise.. change the global buffer rate inside your DAW from 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, etc.. and see if you're still having the same issue regardless the setting.

Only way the problem should be relevant to the audio driver is if you had updated the driver or FL Studio just before you started getting the noise issue. If you were using the same driver and same version of FL Studio with no problem, and then noise became an issue all the sudden.. the problem is relative to something above (faulty cable, jack, port, plugin, buffer).. or something else unrelated to the driver.

14. I have had the same issue, this horrible bzzzzzzzzzzz sound that even could be heard coming directly out of my Babyface without even headphones or monitors to amplify the sound. It happens after disconnecting the soundcard and trying to plug it back in. It happens every time it took forever to right itself. I spent a long time testing every usb socket with every peripheral piece of hardware normally attached, external drives, midi controllers, etc, and of course switching to the built in card of the computer which was fine. I restarted the computer after each switch, even! Then, after someone at RME gave me no good advice about not plugging things into a usb hub, which I don't, it miraculously began working for no apparent reason. I guess it will always be a mystery.