(hornetplugins.com) Tape

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Jul 19, 2017.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Tape

[​IMG]

HoRNet has released Tape, a plug-in simulation of the effect that magnetic tape applies to the signal recorded on it.

What Tape does is to apply the distinct saturation of analog tape to your tracks and also adds the specific frequency response of four different popular tape machines, each at two different speeds, 15 or 30 inch per second.

Features:

• Analog tape saturation simulation.
    • Emulation of four different decks.
    • Two different tape speed for each deck.
    • Output compensation for constant level monitoring.
    • Input analog VU meters.
    • Auto Gain with three different target levels.
    • Three tape bias options.
    • Analog hiss simulation.
    • Group function to copy settings from instances.
    • Bypass button.
    • Mac OS X (>=10.6 Intel only) and Windows support.
    • 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
    • Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and AAX format.
    HoRNet Tape is available for €19.99

Source
    KVR

3. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Note:

Softube Tape - €100,00
    HoRNet Tape - €19.99

Hmmm.... :woot: ... :wtf:

4. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

in direct proportion to the quality of the code. no surprise.

Saverio is a nice guy, but he's a small player and can't compare to Softube's programming level.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Do not compare price vs quality between products. Here is mostly one guy sells plugin vs a group of guys sell plugin. It is like Cockos vs steinberg. Tdr vs Slate digital. Airwindows vs plugin alliance. Klanghelm vs Waves. Sonimus vs Waves. etc.
    Also the politics of selling, marketing, overhypeness, popularity of company, brand.
    Compare the price of dynamic eqs by TDR and Sonnox Oxford, I don't think TDR NovaGE is five times worse and the dsp knowledge of TDR is five times stupider..
    Compare the old shit eqs by Algorithmix and super quality of DMG Equilibrium. And price. Algorithmix should be 1-2 dollars, not 1000 bucks. If they are expensive, where is nowadays support and compatibility and quality and non90's GUIs?
    And, I have seen and often see nowadays next: marketing, overhyped products, beautiful graphics, big price and low quality DSP from 2000s with shitty oversampling algos, and everybody loves it. But one simple audio test and this shit fails.
    And also see underrated stuff with shitty graphics, cheapness / free price and excellent dsp algos.
    Probably most of these brands are people with good knowledge of Photoshop and Marketing and Promotion skills, and primitive dsp knowledge....
    And same algos can be sold as 10 dollars or 250 dollars. Difference is "hyped marketing and promotion".
    Probably u-he, tdr, voxengo, black rooster audio, sonimus, Klanghelm, dmg are one of those who make plugins with excellent quality and good price.

Just take free vladgsound, Airwindows and TDR, some Voxengo, and fuck all those Waves, Slates, and their advertising stuff...

You may not agree with me, but this is real.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  6. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

I see your point, though Softube never for once was "good knowledge of Photoshop and Marketing and Promotion skills, and primitive dsp knowledge".

Their Tape is worth the money they are asking, and so is their other stuff.

7. mild pump milk

Probably is one of those who rarely do bad stuff. But once I saw on youtube emulation of pultec, all software plugins and hardware settings were captured by waves Q-clone, so psp audioware has done not so good emulation, but they emulated curves much closer than softube done. So?

8. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

may I see the video? anyways, PSP is no small guy on the market and are long known for their good stuff. it doesn't surprise me they did something good or better than others.

what would surprise me though, if I see Hornet Tape beating Softube Tape. I really really doubt it, but hey, lets wait for a comparison on the mighty YT.

9. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

I was joking, dude. :wink:

10. mild pump milk

The question here is underrated one is closer vs popular one which is not so close.
    Probably this one

But here hardware clone vs plugins.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  11. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

you think? I don't think PSP is underrated or lesser known than Softube, but maybe it's just me.

anyways, I can't tell if NobleQ is better than Softube PE 1C just by listening to a single shitty loop. I'm sure there are examples of Softube doing a better job, depending on audio material.

I still think Hornet is no rival to Softube when it comes to quality. Sadly, I won't be having much time next days, but just purely out of interest, I'll demo them against each other one day or another.

12. Chuchufromjapana

Chuchufromjapana Member

Only for your Info: Softube Tape is currently 62 Euro till 31 of July on www.plugindiscounts.com so it is only three times more than 20 Euro =) I tried Black Rooster Magnetite too, which is good for compression especially with the Black 7,5 ips mode, but Softube Tape has so much character it is not the real hardware thing but pretty nice i don´t regret buying it.

13. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

the year of the tape plugin continues...and i LOVE it!

keep em coming! one can never have too many flavors when it comes to saturation.

Softube Tape, to me, is the best one so far. it really is a beautiful thing. Money well spent. got it from plugin discounts as well.