Homepage Links on SS

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Blacklight District, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Blacklight District

Blacklight District Kapellmeister

Over on the sister site (as well as others) I always like to check out the product page for whatever it is that I'm considering to download - as to see more info on the developer's own site. I usually do this by clicking on the 'homepage' link included in the post by the uploader. My question is, by using the included link - am I not making the sister site (or whatever other site I might be using) more visible to that software company's team, as they can see where traffic is coming from? And would that not bring even more unwanted attention to the community? It seems that it would be safer to use a link shortener in order to mask the origin of the traffic, but maybe I'm just being overly paranoid. Or am I missing something?

3. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Ultrasonic

sitewise its equal , dev can send dmca req .
    but i copy paste the link for sake of not being on fancy lists of devs , though it might equal too cause what they wanna do at this point .but times can change or other stuff ...or rather more for sake of ongoing functional cracks installed....tone2 might be the most extreme and noone did similar but i believe some devs do sneaking around

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024