Holy Moly, Warm Audio and their new Neve Preamp/Eq Family!!!

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by superliquidsunshine, Dec 22, 2017.

1. This will prove very interesting. They are hand wired ( maybe by 13 y/o Chinese workers but who knows, though Brice's quality control is damn good) with surprisingly high quality builds. There is competitionin this price bracket from Heritage Audio, but since Warm has worked with Carnhill to recreate the original transformers this might just change the game.
    http://www.nova-distribution.co.uk/...nnounce-british-1073-style-signal-processors/

• Interesting Interesting x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

STAM is more true to the original preamp. See STAM's comparison to WARM here :

4. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

I'm weary of WARM. The only outboard I might want to try of theirs would be the Pultec clones on mixbuss, but then again, I would probably go the IGS RB 500 ME route (more $$$ though). The WARM tone beast would be a good bet i think.

STAM, however, has my vote against anything that WARM has to offer. :)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Are you sure he talks about warm?
    Useful post though.

6. I too would take the Stam for all of the reasons Joshua as listed, although I would hesitate to go in that direction because of the long running issue of the many delayed cases of getting the promised hardware to customers that have put money up front as well as changes in the build that were not expected which I have witnessed from others that I converse with. One to one Stam most probably has the sharp edge on the closest sound as a clone can be over the Warm (although I of course haven't heard the Warm yet, but based on parts and build quality of the Tonebeast and WA76 that I do have and use every day I feel I can extrapolate). If it was sitting on a shelf and I could buy it I would, but it scares me off to have that unknown variable starring in my face. Stam makes awesome tools no doubt, amazing and not just for the price, but I am spooked by the things I mentioned. I wish it wasn't so. People I know that use his stuff rave about it.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

WARM would be my guess since WARM announced the debut of their 1073 clone.

8. I looked on Stam's Facebook page to see when he posted as it is now gone from here. It either wasn't very recent or he removed it. I don't think it was talking about the Warm as from it's product page, "We found it important to maintain integrity to the original design by using tantalum and polystyrene capacitors in the signal path...".