HK - Tropical Engineering(AudioSexedAlbum)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by ( . ) ( . ), Oct 8, 2013.

1. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

[​IMG]

well, this is my track I guess, fucking eat it! Those Deep Tech guys ain't got shit on me... left it at 122.10bpm for good measure.

http://soundcloud.com/hkpotential/tropical-engineering

Fucking just got a new multiband compressor, still trying to get used to it's settings, really experimenting with them ratios and attack times
    in my productions recently.

Download it if you wan't to listen to it in full quality rather than using crapcloud...

3. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

I guess you won't be surprised to hear that this sounds unnecessary static and repetitious to me. Even if you wanna be minimal I can't help but long for some kinda melody or riff or hook put in there somewhere. Would it really hurt so bad :dancing:
    Also that vocal clip started to get a bit on my nerves somewhere round 4 min's. Would prefer to have that come and go a bit more.
    First break: love the sound, but for me it feels somewhat disjointed from the other parts. Maybe put some rhythmic element in there, I'm thinking an arpeggio way down in the background processed like it's coming from under water… or sth, lol.

Can't say anything bad about the production. Great sounding kick and bass, good balance all over, love that slow growing pad before the break, all the synth sounds are really cool :boombox:

There you have it boss, my 2 very subjective euro.

4. swing

swing Newbie

Well, I told you before about the nice subs management :wink: but after a few listenings, in different situations and with different moods I also started to noticing some staticness. For example, I found interesting the shiny reverb tails at the bridge and I wondered if this couldn´t be more sorrounding and exaggerated, like a bit more washed out, distant and psychedelic. I like minimalism, and maybe I had tried taking out more stuff in a few moments, like leaving the flutes alone or more exposed in a few moments, but that´s more personal. The overall sound in your track is really solid, I expect your advices when I finish mine *yes*

5. rimshooter123

rimshooter123 Noisemaker

Hmm...

Needs more punch and more room and much more subtle elements (fx) to create tension.
    In case this is your final product it won't fit the quality standard of the AS album I guess.

But fortunately there is enough time for you to improve the track. Good luck!

6. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

HAH You caught me you fucker!!! :rofl:

Yeah that was just me playing around with a new multiband I was trying out...always good to go overboard a little when you're testing the intensity of a plugin...

I usually get my shit much louder than this... still looking for a good multiband though...these plugins are just not doing it for me...

EDIT: OMFG! I just realised that I accidentally bypassed my stereo seperator in the mastering and exported it out. FUCK! And here's me thinking why the stereo seperation wasn't working. FML. Ok, Imma reupload the master again...and I'll fix the multiband compression as well...fuck...

EDIT #2: Remastered and Reuploaded, check the OP...

7. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

I agree with everything thats been said about repetition but then again I think thats the case for a lot of deep/minimal *yes*

DAT KIK THO I love how it sucks into a THWUK. Its pretty excellent. What process do you use?

I wasnt gonna comment at all because I dont like this genre and am not listening on monitors so didnt feel I could add much... Had to tip my hat to you for the kick though :wink:

8. brain-s

brain-s Newbie

i like soo much the vocal short sample, and the electric piano riff..
    nice feel man ;)

:wink: