Hit Songs of 2020

Discussion in 'Music' started by ACAS, Apr 17, 2021.

1. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Honestly I myself never liked this kind of music. I never look at Top 10, 50, 100 - because everytime they disappoint me. Only sometimes they are good

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

That's cool but in my opinion, it's like people who watch CNN are not going to be moved to watch FOX News and vice versa. It's a mindset, man!
    There's a "F*** Pop" culture here and I'm aware of it. I'm aware that I am in the minority in terms of how open I am to music in general compare to a lot of folks here. It's all good, people have the CHOICE to listen to what they want to listen to. It's cool that you'd try to open them up to it but already I can see that not working. I let people BE!
    Good luck on everything man! :like:

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

no one said they wouldn't work on one of these tracks for money! lol.
    but that is what it is. Manufactured McMusic. I wonder how much was made remotely. The costs of doing a record during Covid would have to be enormous, if you could even do it. So that explains the first posted "list".

4. droplet

droplet Rock Star

if they aren't here it's because they don't use cracked stuff.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

As much as I can agree with a lot of what you stated (even with the reviews, which obviously are subjective..), you are sort of labeling "us".

First, the OP is trolling (hence some of the jokes) and trying to show how shallow everything in this sphere is.. with snippets/ examples that are so different, there's no way to really prove any point reg anything.. second - to appreciate something/anything mainstream is (usually) considered "not cool" and vice versa... Last but not least, there is so much involved in such projects: from composers, music/video producers, managers of all kinds etc etc.. nothing's left to chance

The only thing I don't like is when ppl copy somebody else and just push the industry/financing part to the point it becomes noticeable.

But yeah, if someone doesn't like "that" music ...umm which one?? I don't see much similarities.. so def. BS

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  6. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

I think it's all great. A little bit of a blend. Good way to listen to what hit last year. Different production techniques, and listening to all the different vocals.
    Most people that hate on it is because they are unsuccessful. They could have learned something but choose not to and that is why they are unsuccessful.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I love top pop.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I met Beverly Ross in Nashville in the 90's.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I love 80's music :dj:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

too much manufactured boring, useless waste of time, give this a listen instead, this is how normal people feel after listening to that stuff
    or
    or this

these they are masterpieces compared to almost all new stuff

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  11. imposter

imposter Member

well, I did call it vulgar cause it is but I do listen to this music cause I grew up on bullshit. I personally like how life is good by drake had a lot of replay value and longevity cause it was two good songs. at first I hated future extension. Later I preferred his part. Genius stuff @ almost 2 billion views. plusss we haven't enjoyed that song in the club yet cause of covid, it's gonna be fun this summer

12. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Ha ha ha haahhh.... I canĀ“t believe it.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

lol is every conversation on the internet the same?

14. Howard Carpendale

Howard Carpendale Platinum Record

since the very early 80ies
    but the real horror is that mainstreamlined former urban stuff like hippop and poplectro
    the peak is german rap which sound like german hitmix
    i think from that stuff was not so less in german top20 so im rather dann doch nicht so offtopic eh eh

15. Ak3mi91

Ak3mi91 Platinum Record

I would say that calling people "haters" and dismissing their opinion is exactly what you are accusing us of. You are simplifying the issue and missing the point.

No one is dismissing the new/mainstream/pop music. Every genre has interesting and valuable artists (even pop), but manufactured, soulless "music" coming off the conveyor belt is not something I would call "valuable".

I checked the video and gave up after 3-4 minutes. And the only lingering thought, that I had in mind after watching this, was that you could literally pick like 5 artists from the list and force them to sing all these songs. And it wouldn't make any difference. All of them are polished, but lifeless products in different packagings prepared by corporations that give undemanding people the illusion of choice.

PS. But yeah, I agree that making this thread, just to cause a little bit of ruckus is silly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. recycle

recycle Guest

In the 90s we were all caught up in "the sound of the future" concept: we were convinced that the use of electronics would lead artists to compose fantastic and incredible works
    If in the 90's we had known that music would have been like this in the 2020's, would we have really liked it?

17. ACAS

ACAS Kapellmeister

This shows the reality of the present music world. Other music (s) have to circulate around the Pop Culture because of its bigness. BTW, Pop Culture seems more beautiful. :unsure:

123.jpg

18. @SpyFx

@SpyFx Guest

Hello Foster (@ACAS ),i would like to share some of my thoughts with you, if you don't mind :bow::bow::bow: :

^ It seems to me you have no idea about the correlation of beauty,music & the planets :bow: :

^ i kindly disagree with you, imho you can go "Popular" & still pay respect to your music roots/culture :bow: :

or simply put, it all depends on "how you play the game" when it comes to music & the music industry :bow: :

^ The title of that thread is "What are you listening to now",members of this forum simply share there what music they like listening to,
    people come from different walks of life, have different tastes in music,diffent cultures & so on....we can all learn from each other here, please Respect that :bow:

^ Speaking of producers & listening let me all ask you this :bow: :
    Does the song "Rain On Me" pay homage/respect to the song "Feeling For You", or it is a Pop copy of an old idea ? please listen carefully to both songs/tracks :bow: :

Much love,Peace :wink::bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

This is the culture of holding up our tits while we text at EDM shows.
    Male or female, I don't give a fuck or shit.

Just look at this thumbnail.
    Bitch looks heartbroken it took her mans longer than 23 seconds to reply.
    [​IMG]
    Bitch, the DJ said put your fucking hands up, not text your heavy tits up.
    Like, god damn. Spine wreckers, those bowling ball alleyway tits they are.

I guess if I was this bitch, I would probably not have anything to be happy about either.
    I mean with tits like that she needs her mans at the show to hold those heavy hangers up so she can put her fucking hands up like that DJ said.

Is anybody even listening right now? No? I guess that's just how pop culture goes.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  20. What I am about to say is subjective and biased. It is my historical personal experience of music from the point of view as a listener, a composer and a publisher. I've seen it from the outside and the inside. Music was then as now a business, but the business followed the music for the most part of the 20th century. Music of those 100 years was incredibly diverse. Often music written for films by Irving Berlin, George and Ira Gershwin and Cole Porter became the pop music of the day. By the 1950's stage musicals drove direction and the likes of Rogers and Hammerstein shaped popular music. Jazz and blues made their way into everyday culture without record company influence. Early Rock'n'Roll grew out of this and the origins of Rhythm and Blues and Soul and Gospel were embraced by record companies. The Beatles and the British invasion shaped the next decade and the record companies followed.... music was moving so quickly record companies really couldn't keep up. This continued to be the pattern until the end of the millenium. Artists were free to grow and shape themselves organically. So much memorable, timeless music was composed in the 20th century. I won't name names or supply song titles, that's not the intention of what I'm saying. Nor am I unaware that, yes record companies would invent bands like The Monkees for pure profit. But that was an exception. It was not the rule. By the late 70's Punk spawned a ground roots rebellion against record company control and demolished the idea of the cigar smoking A & R executive. Independent labels proliferated and electronic music gained a huge following and we saw the birth of the 808 and the 303! What I am saying is that now, unlike then, record companies can just wave a pile of cash at Max Martin and say we need a number one. Make it happen. And true to the formula and sound, regardless of the artist, there it is, that same "product"....

Edit: I should add that to a large degree it is unfair of me to compare 100 years worth of musical output with the first 20 years of this century.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021