History Repeats Itself

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Mar 6, 2017.

1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"I'm not a jazz junkie because it is like a barrage balloon that makes you feel like floating in air without any specific aim.""

i can fully respect and understand that but in my advise it was not the particulars in the genre itself per say i was trying to recommend, but instead that aspect of jazz which uses the knowledge of music theory pertaining to full knowledge of melody and harmony , whether classic diatonic or later developments like Lydian chromatic , and the only reason i brought it up is because the music you posted was objectively stronger rhythmically , production wise than it was melodically and harmonically . now that could have been on purpose or not but would warrant the same recommendation nonetheless ,if you want i could write out a quick chart type of music theory based melody and harmony structure i been working on as a tool.

2. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

""I'm not a jazz junkie because it is like a barrage balloon that makes you feel like floating in air without any specific aim."""

i find this interesting also, because for me i find the reverse not just jazz but any music that is fully navigating harmony and melody even in complex way the way it is built into the language of music i hear as steady and structured as opposed to those times when i hear other music that is not using melody and harmony with its built in consonance and dissonance or resolutions and just staying in one key or on one chord or one notes most the time comes across to me as "floating in air without any specific aim."""" the reason for this is like an analogy of 2 people in a house building contest the first person builds a foundation then adds the framing then the wiring then the Sheetrock etc. all while using tape measures saws and appropriate tools the way architecture actually works, ass opposed to the second fellow "just eyeballing" trying to build the roof before the foundation cutting all his boards with no tape measures with no knowledge of weight handling and how architecture works those structures in the end are drastically different and the second of which is the one that comes across to me as "..makes you feel like floating in air without any specific aim."""" independent of whether they both built a mall or an A frame or lof cabin no matter how complex the structures in the contest where. i hope you understand where i am going with this as it s not meant to be an insult or even criticism.

3. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Personally speaking & I mean totally personally lol, methodology is the worst thing ever when writing :dunno:
    We all have approaches that work for ourselves. Talking about them is cool & advice etc always great as you can get ideas regarding nuances and the way YOU take them.
    As for a due process, to me that sort of defines genres & breeds sterility :dunno:

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"Personally speaking & I mean totally personally lol, methodology is the worst thing ever when writing :dunno:
    We all have approaches that work for ourselves. Talking about them is cool & advice etc always great as you can get ideas regarding nuances and the way YOU take them.
    As for a due process, to me that sort of defines genres & breeds sterility :dunno:"

what genre do YOU play? if it is rock or metal you use the methodology partial established by the beatles and elvis and engineers and producers from the 60's and 70's just adjusted tiny buit as progress goes on.
    if it is electronica same thing their pinoneers established and every other genre music itself is a language not a random floaty spirit type thing . music works in a specific way, instruments work in a specific way, production works in a specific way, engineering works in a specific way, live sound works in a specific way the vocal chords and your fingers all work in a specific way.
    HOW YOU CONNECT THE WAY THINGS WORK IN THESE AREAS< TO YOUR CREATE MUSE IS CALLED YOUR METHODOLOGY

"
    Definition of methodology
    plural
    methodologies
    1. 1 : a body of methods, rules, and postulates employed by a discipline : a particular procedure or set of procedures demonstrating library research methodology the issue is massive revision of teaching methodology — Bob Samples

2. 2 : the analysis of the principles or procedures of inquiry in a particular field
    "

it is NOT possible to make music WITHOUT methodology

imagine if someone decided paying attention to the correct order words are spoken in, inside the english lanugage was boring and they were going to switch it up , because "the have their own approach" instead of saying" I am going to the store." they say "my own approach is to say "going to tHe stOre aM i"" what is going to happen? are they a genius or a retard?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"As for a due process, to me that sort of defines genres & breeds sterility :dunno:""

NO, the only thing that breeds sterility is if the person write sterile melody because they dont know what it is and how it works, or the person writes sterile harmony or rhythm because they dont know how it actually works, so that particular thing is sterile because instead of having a methodology based on the way music actually works, they instead copy another song just changing a tiny thing, now thousands of songs because sterile because thousands of people didnt have the knowledge or methodology in those specifc ways. ( just an example of how something could possibly be sterile."

if you have perfect complete knowledge of melody and harmony for example and you translated your own emotions connected them to the way harmony and melody actually works in music, it would be impossible to breed sterility. however if a person is ignorant of how rhythm works or harmony works, and has no methodology , they have no way to connect the way music really works in THOSE ways to their emotions, therefore their music can possibly breed sterility.

the methodology is how you connect your feelings emotions life experience, to the way music really works the way people actually response to vibrations, then it is possible to end up with a amazing life changing song or music experssion

6. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Ok dude glad u have it all worked out.
    I did say for me personally but if not your way of thinking cool :dunno:
    You must be correct :bow:

7. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Only you can decide that :dunno: Don't make it real? Just make the assumption predictable maybe?

"CORRECT " hahaha lol , who decides that one? Your books or you, yourself? lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

it is true we are a product of the available information we have

9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"You must be correct :bow:"

well i got that correct dont mean im perfect in every other area haha and i sure didnt always have it correct thats for sure!

10. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

sterility, is everybody doing the same thing and just doing what's popular, whether they like it or not, because industry types dictate what styles really get pushed to the public. So the easy way to make it is to make it saleable to the Industry. There's a lot of music out there, but very few people, actually promoting the original or unusual stuff, so we always end up hearing the same stuff. If you don't want sterile music, encourage people to be themselves and not play to the gallery.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"sterility, is everybody doing the same thing and just doing what's popular, whether they like it or not, because industry types dictate what styles really get pushed to the public. So the easy way to make it is to make it saleable to the Industry. There's a lot of music out there, but very few people, actually promoting the original or unusual stuff, so we always end up hearing the same stuff. If you don't want sterile music, encourage people to be themselves and not play to the gallery."

yes but you are forgetting one thing, you could start out with a target audience and even criteria to establish what the industry rewards and yet write a song better in those criteria than has come before, and the times hen that happens it is a masterpiece any other time it would be considered sterile. so how COULD a song be written better than before? (even with established criteria as such?) first off the writer has to have the knowledge of music regarding melody, harmony and rhythm, next they have to have a methodology to connect the knowledge of how music works to their personal emotions, next if they have a compelling enough storytelling, and all the species of their song happen to match with how human beings determine is great music then the final song has the capability to be a masterpiece and considered better than anything before even with an exact preset criteria.

dont take my word for it hear from the people that have written the hundreds of thousands of number 1 songs in pop culture for 55 years

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  12. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"sterility, is everybody doing the same thing and just doing what's popular,"

no that is the definition of GENRE

13. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

No. Genre is set parts of a piece of music, that allows us to define, catergorize, and label it. Because humans, as a spieces, cannot deal with things we can't define.
    How to write a hit song......... First you must have the word you in the chorus. The earlier it's said the better; within the first 20 seconds works best. Write as if you talking to a woman, as they are the ones that generally buy most music, and make her feel good about herself. Job Done!

14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

sarcasm was the intent

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

For @The Teknomage

Sorry for the procrastination. I was just following my signature (don't know who prescribed it for me). With your permission I decided to delete the previous project and focus on this one, of course would be completed in the near future.:bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  16. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Permission isn't granted, so if you've deleted the old one the deals off. This is Pop, which on the whole doesn't move me to write. Sorry about that, but the reason I offered was because, I could imagine lyrics to it. This is way too soft for my style of writing.