Hiss sound from Interface

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Nehal, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Like I said if you can test it on a desktop you will maybe get the answer to your problems. Could be some laptop/battery settings limitations on the USB port. I always recommend separate power on audio interfaces that are used on laptops. Even thunderbolt ports have power issues on laptops.

2. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Don't be sharing a circuit with a fridge! jk.

3. Nehal

Nehal Member

"I always recommend separate power on audio interfaces".
    Thats is how you send the signal from guitar to laptop. Where else could I Possibly connect the interface and get the signals from my guitar to the laptop?

4. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Your audio interface is powered through USB. So again if you use a laptop you should get an interface that is powered though an separate power adapter to be sure that the device gets enough power to function correctly. Sometimes USB and thunderbolt on laptops can power the audio interface without issue, and sometimes not.
    Again test the audio interface on a desktop and see if it works better on that. I don't think it would help with an active USB cable in your case either

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020

Attached Files: