Hip Pocket Symphony - kinda orchestral

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by DimChandeliers, Jun 15, 2018.

1. DimChandeliers

DimChandeliers Ultrasonic

Hello folks. Been a long time since I posted here. I heard a few orchestral pieces here and thought I'd share.

3. TonyG

TonyG Guest

Nice track. One thing I did notice. At around 1:40 the timing of the bells is momentarily off and not in a good way. Likewise, around 1:49 several instruments start drifting and by 1:54 it is bad.
    (I have been listening to music all day...so it could be my ears playing a trick on me). Thanks for sharing your music.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2018
  4. DimChandeliers

Thanks Tony. You're right about that sloppy stretch. I couldn't find a suitable drum loop for that section and wound up piecing it together rather haphazardly.

5. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

You've got some great ideas here... The composition is also quite layered and a lot of elements come and go...

Whats needed is a better, more coherent production and arrangement. As it stands right now, the instruments used sound like GM to my ears (I could be wrong) and the arrangement is a little too loose... needs more work in that department.

All in all... good work! :like: Please share more!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

7. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Exactly what I thought: You might want to use some sample libraries instead and add some effects to your production.

Anyway, a very nice track, bring them on!

8. DimChandeliers

Thanks guys. I do tend to get lazy with tightness and arrangment. I'm using the Edirol Orchestral. A little long in the tooth.

9. Recoil

Recoil Guest

You know how to compose, you could add some effects to instruments such as Reverb, but it is also good too :shalom::bow: