Hip Hop Beatmaking on Maschine

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by monochrom3, Aug 25, 2014.

1. monochrom3

monochrom3 Ultrasonic

Hey guys =)

After spending quite some time producing a lot of Tech House / Deep House stuff in Ableton, I decided to return to my Maschine to do some oldschool Hip Hop Beatmaking :thumbsup:
    How do you like it so far? Any constructive criticism is highly appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKPKyXkMdCI

3. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

Im liking the concept, but the drums are lacking what i would call the crusty vinyl sound! There are tons of breaks that can still give you that nice full crunchy beat sound that im sure you could find and chop up and add to the beat. The flute is a little loud in the mix i would say and the arrangement needs a bit of changing up every 4 bar, but apart from that, good work!

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I think that's a solid Beat. Drums are not lacking much in my opinion. The snare could have more "crust", but that's just a flavor thing. After the Master Comp and EQ I'd put a Tape Plugin at the end. It just re-creates that classic analog chain going out of the board into tape, you know? It makes it bumb even nicer in the lows and rounds the highs a little.

Btw, I am making Beats with Maschine as well. I produce like 2 Beats per week constantly. Check it out and follow, if you like.

https://soundcloud.com/stanscrates/tracks