Hip Hop aficionados, Which artist should I make beats for?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Brendan, Feb 1, 2022.

?

Which Artist?

1. don toliver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. the weeknd

100.0%
  3. saint jhn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. post malone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. jack harlow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. lil durk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. lil baby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. future

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. j cole

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Drake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Sabrina Claudio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Kendrick Lamar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Brendan

Brendan Kapellmeister

Trying to narrow it down for my YouTube.

I had a thumbnail one, now I just need to pick an artist to STICK with.

This is a mix of RNB and Hip-hop that I make.

Hence why it varies.

Not sure if there's any "beatmakers" or hip-hop producers here with a YouTube channel, but any advice would be fantastic. Gotta narrow it down,

3. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

What kind of question is this? Just make beats, the rapper picks u, not vice versa, lol. U make a beat, If the artist feels your sound, go from there.

I mean, beatmakers sell beats... never heard of rappers seeling rhymes (well, ghostwriters but that's another story.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

make beats for yourself.

if someone likes your work, they'll find you & suggest you to others, or come up with an exclusive agreement between the two of you.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

FT. doesn't usually stand for Free Talent. :no:

6. Brendan

Brendan Kapellmeister

I always make beats for myself and have my own distinct style. I'm not saying to create beats in so and so style. I mean just for my YouTube videos to be picked up in the algorithm, typically you need an artist in the title. So I'm trying to decide the best one.

https://www.youtube.com/user/numbersire/videos my channel. On ALL other social media I don't make type beats but MY kind of music which is hiphop, Rnb, and pop/synthwave or even experimental. but Youtube caters to type beats, and a lot of successful producers garnered recognition through this method.

7. Brendan

Brendan Kapellmeister

Trust me, lots of rappers and singers have already... problem is none of them are serious when you set a fixed price for your music. They expect everything free.

Producers put there blood sweat and tears into music, if we made everything free what's the point? It's the music business.

But if you want to just make music for free that's cool too. I'm trying to do both, love and enjoy it but make a career of it.

8. DigitHandz

DigitHandz Ultrasonic

Make beats for the guy in your neighborhood that wants to rap.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

I voted for The Weeknd. Do people even call his music HipHop? I like that 90's NYC sp-1200 jazz thing. But you got some people on there I wouldn't want anything to do with, for any amount of money.

10. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

I have no idea, I just know Kendrick from that list, never even heard about the rest (except the weeknd and post malone)

11. grounder

grounder Kapellmeister

Other than the Weekend and Drake, never heard of most of others and what I did just sample, wouldn't listen to again. Guess I'm just showing my age.:)

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but when I saw ‘hip hop’ it made me think of all the great 'rap' of the 80s and 90s. Some from 'tapes' I wore out.

Big Daddy Kane
    Run-D.M.C.
    Beastie Boys
    Boogie Boys
    Ice-T
    Doug E. Fresh -Slick Rick
    Public Enemy
    And so on………………

Years ago, when I first met my wife, I had one of my favorite 'mixtapes' playing. She asked me how can you go from Ice-T, to The Smiths, to UFO, to the Dr. Hook and then Motorhead? What?,,,were you having some kind of private mood swing party in your head? I said that's what happens when ya make a mixtape tape while partaking of a few additional hefeweizens AFTER getting back from the fest.
    :cheers:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  12. birdboi

birdboi Producer

I don't understand why you have to choose 1 artist, make beats with the style that you Ike to produce with and if they find you, they might pick you up, but these are big named artists, so good luck.

13. Half Moon

Half Moon Noisemaker

There is a huge market for Typebeats
    Internet Money's Taz Taylor pushed his beats via typebeats and it worked for him. Probably big artists might not be buying it in the start but there are other rappers who would love to get into typebeats[ who wants to sound like their fav artist like Weekend/NAV]

14. thebeatsareill

thebeatsareill Kapellmeister

I completely understand what you are asking and I think that you should pick the artist who is least famous with the most potential to become more famous, if that makes sense. Picking someone like Drake will put you in a huge pool of producers who put Drake in the title/tags and therefore you have less of a chance of being noticed, make sense?

15. Brendan

Brendan Kapellmeister

Well I'm going to take everyones advice here. Nobody really voted but... I've narrowed it down. Either Keep making Don Toliver type beats since he's a mix of what I make (HipHop- Trap, Rnb, Synthwave, Pop appeal)....

or I'll go with Saint Jhn (who has so much potential to get even more famous and the market is small for his type beats)

Same with Nardo wick, He's starting to get famous but not major yet, and JID as well. They're semi famous.

For everyone here, Youtube favors channels that focus in on one or two artists, and the music matches their "vibe" or genre well. It promotes type beat channels that are consistent, both the thumbnail and music.

When people search up these beats, they type (artist) type beat typically. Otherwise my music would be lost to all other content.

I really just needed help narrowing down which artist or artists I should upload music like daily and weekly from here on out!