Higher resolution automation editing in Logic 9?

Discussion in 'Logic' started by paraplu020, Mar 17, 2013.

1. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

:excl:

What if I want to automate a lowpass filter say I want it to:

- start at 100 Hz

- end at 200 Hz

Is there any way to just input these values as in the event window? Editing automation graphically doesn't always give me small enough increments, even when I press 'ctrl' to edit in 'higher resolution'. It'll still jump from e.g. 97 Hz to 107 Hz instead of passing every single number in between 97 to 107, even when fully zoomed in and all the hocus pocus.

:excl:

Also, if someone knows how to invert automation data, please tell me!!!
    I can only find ways to do that on panning and that sort of stuff, not for e.g. filter cut off and/or resonance :sad:

It seems there is no way, but y'all are known for being very resourceful so I thought to ask here as some kind of last resort... :sad:

I love Logic and I hope Logic X will fix these bugs and will be a lot more intuitive... *yes*

Thanks in advance!

3. angie

angie Producer

Hi Amsty I'm not a Logic guru but you can draw a straight oblique line for sure in Logic, like in volume automation, the problem is that some plugs don't react well to a continuous variation of filter cutoff frequency, try fabfilter twin.

4. eternaloptimist

eternaloptimist Member

hey man! the way i used to it in logic was use latch then touch what i want automate. the automation line will show and then change from latch to read. i would then automate by hand. for finer moves i think you hold the shift( or ctrl) button while move the node.
    also try comman ctrl e i think

sorry, been a while since i used logic so i hope it works.

:mates: