High Quality Percussion / Conga Samples

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Limsao, Aug 21, 2024 at 3:45 PM.

1. Limsao

Limsao Newbie

hi forum.

for a house production i am currently looking for 70ies conga samples that are of high quality. since there are a lot of providers and a countless number of librays. note: it must be audio samples.

i would like to ask you mel for advice on which ones to recommend without reservation.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I prefer to take them from loops and chop them into sections. Otherwise you end up with static drum machine hits that do not sound like a human player, at all. If you want static, then Goldbaby Super 808. Drum Machines From Mars has good ones in the MPC related packs. F9 OR Beats has lots of them. If you want some recently released loops, House Of Loop Tech House Congas has tons of them.

If you want 70s vibe already cooked in, I would look at the various disco libraries. Otherwise I would just use lo-fi plugins, tape, saturation, etc to just make them match the rest of your kit/loops. What bpm is your track?

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

707 samples, work great house and it will also sound nostalgic on the same time. add some lo-fi fx on it and it should be good.