Hifiman Ananda Nano Review. Decent Headphones to put your Senies to rest?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Martel, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Hey Martel, how are your Nano's going for you now? It's been a few months of use. I'm thinking of upgrading my Stealths to a Nano

2. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

So my brand new Nano's arrived in the mail today.
    I sold my Ananda Stealth V3's earlier this week. So this isn't a direct comparison, just my thoughts from the first hour of using them. (i was using the stealths for a few months)

Early impressions are:
    -The Nano is definitely better, but i thought they would be more betterer than the Stealth v3. I thought the gap would be larger. But they are better in every way and i'm satisfied.
    -Nano feels more "compact", both in terms of sound and feel.
    -Sound: It's punchier, and a bit narrower than the Stealth. I actually prefer the narrower stereo image of the Nano, it feels more realistic. I thought the Stealths were a little on the "unrealistically wide" side. I feel like the Nano makes more sense to me.
    -Feel: The band strength is a bit tighter, so they hug your head tighter. I prefer this as i have a small head. The Stealths also felt a bit bigger in the hand than the Nano i think? But i can't be certain. The Nano is apparently a bit heavier, but i think the Stealths cups were maybe bigger??
    -Nano is more high-res. I thought the Stealths were detailed, but these are even more detailed. It's not by much, but it's there. I can hear if an instrument was recorded with hiss. I can hear intersample pops and clicks in the audio that i didn't know was there before.
    -I expected the Nano to be brighter based on other reviews. They seem pretty perfect to me. Maybe i've got ear damage.