Hide&Seek:Rude Lyrics about Disappointing Lovers.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Rolma, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Hi there,

here my last experimental_ ish track on Disappointing lovers.

If you find the lyrics are too rude, you are right...they are dedicated to the disappointing lovers....so....

http://soundcloud.com/rolma/hide-seek

Please leave comments...I would appreciate feedback a lot...I learn from it ;)

3. nohero

nohero Guest

Ciao Rolma

what can I say??........Beautiful :wink: :wink: :wink:

4. rimshooter123

rimshooter123 Noisemaker

damn, I like these (your) vocals so much. very unique!
    and I guess I've just become a fan of this autotune/t-pain thing. it works pretty well in this kind of retro_esque wave_ish music style. astonishing!
    again really exhilarating stuff! :wink: :grooves:

5. Oxilatur

Oxilatur Newbie

For some reason this song reminds me of the movie Lost Highway, this song would perfectly fit in. Great vocals indeed.

6. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Thanks a lot for listening.

It's very nice receive such positive feedback, specially about the voice.
    For recording the voice I followed the MacProvideo tuts (voice recording)...They mention the settings for compression attrack-EQ.Kinda of clear

@nohero : we should improvise something....
    @rimshooter123, you are close but I used melodyne +nectar: easily you get loudness and nice dynamics
    @Oxilatur: It's so funny that you mention that movie, for me this is a big compliment! ( I've always found that movie very interesting specially the first minutes in the jazz-club, the soundtrack is fascinating and the whole thing is very varied Marilyn Manson included...I like Lynch a lot )

Well in general as beginner I know it's a long way to go. I'm not fully convinced by this project but I wanted to put an end to it.
    Really, I would like to move on towards something more groovy, that "choppy water" complexity that some ppl handle very well ;)

7. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

This is very gOOd Rolma! I can see through the akwardness of learning the craft to the true talent that lies behind the art. The listener can feel the emotion you put in to the vocals. I like your style alot. I cant wait to hear more from you. :mates:
    --
    subGENRE

8. Oxilatur

Oxilatur Newbie

Lynch is my favourite. I really forgot about the jazz club, but your right, that movie is all over the place. Music wise, cinematic wise. But lynch's his movies always have a consistent dark mysterious theme in his movies. That's probably why I like your song. Keep it up.

9. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Sick !

I didn't know it was you on the vocals ! Great job, we should do something together guy. Let me know :)

10. Rolma

Rolma Guest

This thread is getting very encouraging, and the forum a nice place to get information, exchange impressions and listen very interesting work.
    Pitty that one of "my disappointing lovers" seems really disappointed with the track... a funny thing to comment. :rofl:

@ subGENRE those are fuelling words, really. Thank you for seeing in my production all that.
    I've got two more in my drawers...but I want avoid my personal repetitions ( a handful things that I tend to rely on too much...and they aren't good) I'll keep them in the bassement

@ phenomboy : Thank you for offering, as you know I was impressed by your work. For me it will be very cool to collaborate :)

11. pkallstrom

pkallstrom Newbie

Isn't the vocal "HIDE N SEEK" out of tune in the beginning? I've tried the song in both headphones (Sennheiser HD-25) and speakers (Behringer Truth B1031A) maybe its my ears that are bad. Other than that a good song, well mixed and yeah not my style really but i like it.

12. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Probably...I recorded the takes in separated days...
    The first take was manipulated in Melodyne in order to extract the chorus...which are done by taking some slices and changing the pitch inside melodyne.
    I might have messed around the take too much or even I might have drifted too many cents :dunno:
    @Housephenomena: thanks for feedback.

13. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Awesome track Rolma, I love your vocals, you have some angst built up inside I think, singing is def. a way to get that out!

You def. have your own style.. keep em coming!~ :mates: :grooves: :dancing:

14. ric_bm

ric_bm Newbie

Unique! I can't describe this... it's just awesome.

Seriously man you got something special here :wink:

I'd love to know a little bit more about your musical influences.

15. Rolma

Rolma Guest

@one reason: If i had to choose btw singing and computer for relieving neurosis...computer first / production first/ machine first!
    @ric : Thanks that's kinda of really nice comment ;)

I've been listening a bit of everything, mostly electronic music... darkish styles...fast, rude gutsy ...
    I like DnB, hard style,Techno .. old school / also house

on and off I listen warp records artists as Autechre / Aphex twin / seefeel / eno (but on and off !)
    I have been very into Richard Hawtin, Clint Mansel.

I like provoking singers with intense singing but I don't follow anyone
    so I go from Shamanic shouts / experimental / Joy division / Eminem / Marilyn manson / and something really turns me on is Dead Kennedys (I don't know why... I discovered them in 2006...I found them provoking )

I listen tons of unsigned music, demos from future music, soundcloud, friends making music. etc...

And the sound of the computer ...and the pink noise of the neon signs... the fridge... the static of a wire during a storm...all that.

16. mile15

mile15 Producer

When i see "Rolma" name i must listen this. Great voice & music ... no comment !!!

17. Rolma

Rolma Guest

@ milosevich: this is so sweet! :mates: