Hi Friends! My first track "House" genre. What do you think? I'll reading your feedbacks!

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by memex, Dec 20, 2021.

1. memex

memex Kapellmeister

This time i bring to you a house track, with vibes of 90's classic house but in my own style.

Any comments are very important for getting better and improve my music, so i'll appreciate your time and comments!

Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Olav Basoski makes really good production tutorials. you should check them out if you have not. (even if you don't make house music specifically)

it's a nice track. I think maybe your main chords are bright, and maybe could use something using some different delay or reverb. It seems like you added an additional effect at your first breakdown, so maybe just a little of that sooner. but that is stylistic stuff. it is a good track, I will listen again later with my sub on, but it sounds correct anyway.

4. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

The positives...
    Started with a good Ibiza 90s vibe.
    Liked the use of the M1 organ.
    Overall production (loudness etc) was decent.

The parts you added during your build section didn't really add any new energy, so the climax was a bit drab.
    Your break started too quietly.
    Your second half was too samey which made the whole track then sound unoriginal.

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I'm missing a bit a better audible bass, but in general I like the track.

Hope. :winker:

6. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

in general good :mates:, but its a very standard track (with too many deja vu elements )

7. DJMani

DJMani Ultrasonic

In the beginning there was Jack from this came the Groove, The Groove of all Grooves and Jack declared let there be House and House music was born.

Jack is not anywhere in Your Track, It has No Groove, Swing... House music does Not sound like commercial music. Edm is not House music

Listen to get an Idea of House music.

8. memex

memex Kapellmeister

i tried to make a track easy to like with well known sounds just for end a project that had a very cool chords, the main chords of this song

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. memex

memex Kapellmeister

i'm struggling with the bassline until this days :rofl:

10. memex

memex Kapellmeister

Yes, this track has a "rising" delay in the first breakdown. I didn't want to be repetitive with fxs so i put it once.

11. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

Congrats on doing your first house track and posting it. You are learning a lot. Use any criticism constructively and do not be deterred.

Just remember, the more music you make, the more you learn, the more you learn the better the track, and that should be the goal.

Never forget, you can't please all the people all the time, and music is used for many different projects. Background music for video presentation may not have or need a melody line. Keep up the good work and stay in that creative flow.

This is how some of the pros do it. Create an abundance of tracks and pick the top 10 to put on the CD.
    Please create and post more tracks and keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to more.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022