Hi everyone. I purchased Kontakt 5, but now my sound files say they need to be activated. Help!

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by themaestro, Oct 24, 2014.

1. themaestro

themaestro Newbie

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

3. Alraun

Alraun Member

Hi,
    please define „my sound files“ .
    You can’t use warez libraries with your legit Kontakt.
    meanwhile using your self-created instrument files shouldn’t be a problem at all.

4. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

There not really such a thing as a 'warez' library on Kontakt.

A lot of libraries have little or no protection at all. The whole point of unlocked kontakt is that it is just that. It simply bypass the authorization ect via service centre. Not the library. It also allows u to access locked scripts ect.

The libraries themsleves can either be encrypted or not.

U can use many libraries that you can download quite happily on legit Kontakt with no problems.

However if the library is encrypted & u need a serial or registration via the service centre then u will need either the Serial :wow: or unlocked kontakt :wink:

If they encrypted they will only work in Kontakt in Demo mode. My advice find out which libraries are encrypted or buy them lol. You could always run the unlocked Kontakt side by side if u that desperate to run encrypted libraries that u don't own

5. Alraun

Alraun Member

Yes i know that and it's all true what you've said. *yes*
    With warez library i meant an unpaid library for which you don't have the code to activate.

My question should better be: is he trying to use a library without having the code or one he has bought and for which he has the serial.

Code or no code, that's the question. Legit Kontakt: no code, no luck. :rofl:

6. Clandestine

Yeah I got what u meant & I also wasn't sure what he meant by sounds either.

The options are u like pointed out.

1.) If he trying to run an encrypted library on legit Kontakt it won't work without the serial. Unless he finds a way of decrypting the library which I highly doubt.

2.) He extract the .dll & exe file from Unlocked Kontakt & run it side by side to run the encrypted libraries on that he doesn't have the serial for. However this could cause registry problems & I would keep the legit libraries separate to the ones he owns.

3.) He can buy it or run it for a limited time on Demo mode on legit Kontakt!

4.) He can steal the Machine with Kontakt on from NI headquarters that they use to encrypt libraries but I wouldn't advise that :wink:

4.) Use other libraries that don't use encryption. Thing is as NI charge a fee most companies if they not like big ones will choose not to encrypt their libraries which luckily means that most will work fine in Legit Kontakt also. Is the same thing with the libraries tab.

5.) He could mess around with trying to extract the samples from the encrypted libraries but that pretty much will take a lot of time ect.

6.) Ideally run unlocked Kontakt on a seperate machine (if he got one) & keep all his legit stuff on another.

Lots of options really, however like u say without a serial the encrypted libraries will not function fully on legit Kontakt.

Also like u mention home built instruments ect will be no problems.

Makes u wonder why people go legit lol! :wink:

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Good to know.
    In other words, if I want to thank NI for such a great product, I better purchase something else from them... :bow:

8. Clandestine

It is a great product, best in the world by a longshot imo.

I'm on legit & doesn't cause me problems. People moan & say that the 'legit' version 'crippled' ect but I don't agree.

I used to use the unlocked version & decided that I should buy it as I would be use it.

There plenty of good cheap libraries around & the whole idea is to try before u buy & that not just simply use the unlocked version for life & 'hoard' a billion libraries.

Like u say, they should be rewarded as they do make great stuff.

Also i'm not preaching & saying do this or that or telling anyone what to do either. Just the way I decided to that's all.

If anything I suppose buy it if u able as part of Ultimate because imo at that price your getting an amazing deal.

NI products are cracked the day they come out but i'm willing to guess they still making a vast profit.

Why is that? Because they make good stuff & their products are great value & people know that.

Plus at the end of the day it's a sampler & partly the idea is to use your own sounds/ideas ect to create stuff instead of just using other peoples libraries. So imo It's definitely worth buying

9. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Nexus get almost the same problem : if you want to go legit, you need to pay all expansions you want.
    Now exps and soft are linked in the same account. You cannot use shared exps anymore,even old ones.
    You still can, by some tricks, use warez and legit alongside.

That's what make some softs buying a difficult decision. Linked content.