hi, do you know what instrument produces this sound please?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Pronto, May 6, 2015.

1. Pronto

Pronto Kapellmeister

the sound is quite short in length, in the choruses at 1:10,1:15 then 2:10, 2:15 etc.. it sounds kind of indian & i think i've heard it before but would love to use a sample from this instrument or something close. does anyone know? any pointers to samples would be even better. thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naLr4q8OYEs

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Imogen Heap singing. Double-tracked and counter-panned.

4. Pronto

Pronto Kapellmeister

thanks, no its not that. could you go back and check you're listening to the sound i'm thinking of please? ...the sound i'm referring to sounds like pipes or a cross between pipes and an indian stringed instrument. unusual sound.

5. Index

Index Producer

I'll give you a really good hint :)
    look at 1:54 at the guy in the middle of the background https://youtu.be/_u3d_dydSPk?t=1m54s :wink:
    (to be honest I couldn't say 100% what kind of flute that is so you might have to do some research) :rofl:

6. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

To me it sounds like its reversed recording of whatever etno flute like instrument it might be.

7. Pronto

Pronto Kapellmeister

haha thanks index, i didn't think to look for a live version :) - you reckon thats the same instrument? ..don, it does sound a bit processed/reversed doesn't it?

8. Pete

Pete Member

Ah Frou Frou, you are missed. Jon Hopkins just sitting at the back there, I wonder if he knew just how incredible he was going to be haha