hi all, I've summed up the courage to put some ideas out for audiosex members

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by droplet, Jul 3, 2020.

1. droplet

droplet Rock Star

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. droplet

droplet Rock Star

thanks a lot. today i got more than 50 listenings...i guess nobody really likes the stuff. I'd appreciate a you suck at least!:disco:

4. benderandgaia

benderandgaia Producer

Ciao,come stai?

When did you start Producing ?

5. droplet

droplet Rock Star

in the 90's with industrial. since then I've changed style a few times. I stopped putting things out about 10 years ago.
    where are you from? have you anything that I can hear?

6. benderandgaia

benderandgaia Producer

Im From Dominican Republic, Im a producer,songwriter but I started singing too recently, I wanted to give you a good advice , and it is to lower your sounds volume from the source (not the faders) when you are producing and to know what key you are in is more important than the mix itself.

My last Song

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. droplet

droplet Rock Star

Thank you. I don't think about the key enough I just try to work fast and make a sound i like. I make my traks in just a few hours and move on.
    Yours is very nice. I see from your you tube accoount that you have many... I'll listen to more then. and I'l try lowering my inputs.
    thanks again

8. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I just tried lowering the input levels and it really does make a difference. i can always pump it up after the mix. big help.
    I haven't let hardly anyone hear the stuff i do ..it's a hobby for me...so i though by letting some audiosex people hear some stuff I might be able to improve. thx!!

9. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

the first one (X0031 - 250420) has interesting rhythms , I think it just need proper mixing and mastering to give it more life and energy

10. trutzburg

trutzburg Kapellmeister

Well, I had the impression that in X0031 - 250420 and X0025 - 170420 the music "hides" behind the bass drum, which made me a little nervous. It's much clearer in X0102 - 240620, and a bit clearer but also muffled in X0105 - 290620. I think there is (too) much angry bass energy that hinders the other sounds from getting their right place in the mix.
    I found X0031 - 250420 the most interesting of the four to hear, but also most difficult to hear out the details.

11. benderandgaia

benderandgaia Producer

You are welcome ,yes It does makes a good difference, some times we make drastic eq moves on a sound because there are frequencies bothering us and then use the mixer fader to lower the volume , them we end up with a thin mix . ( any sound too loud will sound awful and will want to make you eq it, compress it and on and on...It takes time to realize what Told you and i sure you sounds will improve a lot. The key of the song is important too.

The songs that has a guy in there picture are not mine , there is another George Michelle.

There are a lot of (Pros) in here and most of them are helpful.

12. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

Why do your songs have numbers instead of names? Is there a reason that we don't know about?

Just a song title often suggests a mood or insight about why it was written, giving the listener more understanding and appreciation for your creations.

13. droplet

droplet Rock Star

non of them are really mixxed or mastered, this is true. I did them in just afew hours...then I move on. I just focus on the comp.
    thanks for your insight.

14. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I stopped taking time to think of a title I just put the number and the date.

15. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Hello @droplet :)

I heard your tracks... there are some good ideas there.

My suggestions would be to add more "movement" to them as they seem a little flat graphed right now... Some places the timing seems to be off... I'm not sure of that is a compositional choice... I found it distracting... Some tracks seem like a mix of 2 or 3 different ideas which don't necessarily flow into each other.

Mostly, what i would say is to find a central musical theme so each track can be its own cohesive story... and yes, stay in the same key unless there is a pressing need to go somewhere else to express something.

Great effort overall. Please share more as you make them!

:like:

16. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I was very angry on that thak you mentioned.
    and yes I think they come out a cloudy too. I'm going to lower the input volumes and this may help. and i do need to work much more on the eqing, but since i work fast I think I need to take more time between composing and mixing. thanks.

17. droplet

droplet Rock Star

Thanks a lot. I will.

18. droplet

droplet Rock Star

Thank you all for your kind replies and suggestions. I will try to implement them as I move ahead.
    I happy I finally decided to let you hear some stuff and ask for help. you guys are great.