Hey, take a listen to our newest beat, " PYRO " - MANIAQ PROD. ( AMANI N' SHAQ )

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by amaniwaldron, Jun 20, 2012.

1. amaniwaldron

amaniwaldron Newbie

http://soundcloud.com/amani-waldron/pyro-maniaq-prod-amani-n-shaq

Tell me what you think.

3. manducator

manducator Member

I didn't know people still used delay lama!

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

what would u do with a track like this?

Some repeated bars, no vocals.. What's the end goal?

5. amaniwaldron

amaniwaldron Newbie

"Some repeated bars", if i didn't loop it long enough, i would hear complaints awww its too short.
    and i posted a beat we made, i never stated it was a full track/song with vocals.

6. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Dont get hmpy... lol... I'm just asking, realistically.. what do u plan to do with it?

what would the end use.. be, for this 'beat'?

Also, do you ever write chord progressions, songs, that are more than a small number of chord variations, repeated? Got anyone to do vocals on any of your music?

Just feels like 'song'writing , performance art, real musical genius or just talent...is dead or dying, only to be replaced with .. beats.. Main difference being it takes little or no musical skill, or knowledge to make, which is why everyone and their brother's friend's uncle son is a beatwriter, and/or a producer now. (self proclaimed)

I guess it bothers me a bit, but as I listen to stuff on different forums, sites, youtube, sample packs etc.. just seems like stuff like this is EVERYWHERE, a dime a dozen, one sounds more or like a trillion others floating around.... 3 million of which must be on my hard drive, gathering dust. :rofl:

Your production is actually very good, all sounds very clean.. but musically, at least to me, its just.. another... beat.... repeated.

Would love to hear something that just , musically, knocks my socks off. Even if its not that great, something complete, perhaps with vocals, would be much more likely to garner you some interest.

Also, perhaps on future up0loads, listing the instruments\plugs u used, what was played, what was samples, a description of the track.

Honestly, and i mean no offense, but something like this can faaairly easily be thrown together using assorted sample packs pretty quickly... Not saying you did that, but... its possible.. right?

Do you guys bang ur drums in, pencil them in, use samples?

Lastly, the thing I liked least about it was the incessant electronic High hats... :snuffy:

I liked the overall production quality the best.... nice job on it.

Don't let me get u down, I just like to say what's on my mind... and trying in some demented way.. to be of help.

7. amaniwaldron

amaniwaldron Newbie

well i sent it out to one artist today, and send me your email ill show u something we are working on

8. amaniwaldron

amaniwaldron Newbie

thx for the advice
    and we dont use sample packs, we did all our melodies on our axiom 49, we use the drum pad sometimes but most of the time we just pencil in the drumz on the step sequencer
    and in the beat we used : firebird by tone 2 and purity and we just run the base through some eq's n' those virtual gitar amps from the waves mercury pack, to make it more gritty and give it a lil more character