Deadline Day

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Stuck In The 80s, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

Posted V1...

and didn't like it!

Let's try V2...

Removed the bloat, improved the breakdown, added some sparkle and cheese

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  3. Stuck In The 80s

Ok I’ll start…. Having listened back this morning (after finishing this late last night)…

The session i opened had no drums but all the main parts (bass, piano, guitar, strings) were already created.
    All parts were originally midi but i had flattened everything as someone once told me the key to finishing is to commit to audio.

So now reopening the session, i had just the audio parts available but it seemed these were enough to complete the track albeit it needed some drums.

listening back now, i think the main problem is although some of the parts gel ok today like the piano and the strings, but they are in fact the weakest part of the track and do not really match the style of the other parts of the track that i originally liked the most.

Without any vocals, the track sounded too bare.

However the choice of using a well known acapella has backfired as the track now sounds like a poor mans remix or mashup.

what i should have done is created new better parts to compliment the bits i liked but having now reached this stage, it seems too much to go all the way back to the start.
    I think ill move on to the next track instead.

4. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

I would say, very musical, clean and meaningful parts that work well together. Sure there is always something to be said about this and that but watching your progress I feel it’s the kind of stuff that will be improving by itself along the way, the core is what I named first.

And your attitude of wanting to get on with next track and apply your gained experience is just right. Congrats

5. Stuck In The 80s

Hmmm.... i couldn't move on. It was too below par to my minimal standard (which is low to start with).

Made it more compact and to the point.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  6. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

sure, a bit cleaner actually.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023