Hey Boy Hey Girl T-Folls remix percussive noise

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by anthony doyle, Jun 4, 2018.

1. anthony doyle

anthony doyle Kapellmeister

Hi, does anybody know how to get this percussive sound from this video. I feel like it should be pretty simple but I haven't been able to get anything to sound quite like it. Is there another songs with the same percussive noise ?, if so I can probably find someone on youtube whose remade that song in fl studio. Percussive sound is at 3 seconds,, the snare in this also sounds really cool. If anyone knows what that snare is or a song that uses that same snare sound I'd really appreciate it also. snare sound is at 18 seconds in.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  3. electriclash

electriclash Guest

Best Answer
    pitched 808 tom

4. anthony doyle

anthony doyle Kapellmeister

Thanks for your response, I thought it might be a pitched conga 808, how can you tell its a tom ? Are you supposed to accentuate the first note on this , do you know ? Is it common to use a pitched 808 tom in dance music ?