Herr Durr - Pending deletion

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Judge Dredd, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

...people, people, people.

2. Luka

Luka Platinum Record

Got back to the States and heard that valuable members from my favorite forum have left or are leaving. @Herr Durr was the very first member I spoke to. A funny dude and very smart. When a member like him leaves a forum it is a loss for everyone.
    I respect his decision and would not even question it. A couple of months ago I had a similar problem with the same member. This has been an ongoing problem with that particular individual.
    @Herr Durr wherever you are, good luck and success to you brother!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Yeah it is actually! We all have choices and he did have options. We all do and it's what we do with these options that decide our fate!
    If we tell ourselves that the only option is to quit if things aren't going our way then that is a self defeatist attitude!
    Say what you will Judge but you will not convince me otherwise.
    It's his decision and if he decides to leave then he's letting his own ego decide for him!
    If you are so hell bent on fighting the moderators and having a small victory when you are proved right then maybe you should think about leaving as you say you won't stay either.
    If it's that important to your ego then you know the best actions within yourself mate!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  4. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Oh! you are awful but I like you!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

The solution is to get rid of the nasty button. I had the same thing happen a while back with some Faoki aliases.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

Tried that and the thread failed miserably.

7. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Just started my day and the 1st thing I am reading is this: it sucks!

@Herr Durr, if it was your decision can you please try to reconsider or at least let us know what's going on?

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Tbh I'm not sure to understand, care to elaborate?

9. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

I would proffer that perhaps it comes down to accepting how moving on in the future with the same moderator adjudicating disputes and disagreements leaves everything as a fait accompli. Why would anyone stay knowing that? It's absolutely nothing to do with ego, and I'm guessing the decision has ultimately been made for him - It's untenable to carry on in good faith.

Best you not waste time thinking about me. I'm not bound to the site and I'm on a shit load of others, and I'm certainly not one to keep two faces by the computer so I can 'like whore my way to victory'. What is, is, and that's just the way I like it.

10. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

Not speaking for anyone else, but it's probably blaqmatic on one of his unchecked negative rep sprees.

11. Luka

Luka Platinum Record

Funny how someone like @blaqmatic gets to stay and two big contributors to this Forum leave.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

I was thinking it's sad, but I take your meaning ;)

13. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

guys, calm down. I spoke to Herr Durr and a few other members, as a result they decided to leave, because they couldn't fit the forum rules. However great and entertaining, most of those members had more Warnings than even allowed. the goal here is to stop idiotic fights and trolling that destroy this forum and from now on we'll be a lot more strict with those topics.

so it's all for the best. :mates:

[​IMG]

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

@SAiNT,
    I (and most of us I guess) were unaware of this specific situation. Still, this is unfortunate that no compromise could be found instead of simply leaving.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Rudy Manterie

Rudy Manterie Platinum Record

Ah, it's no problem at all. Let them all leave. I can easily fill the void, albeit not with funny or knowledgeable answers but pure bullshit. Hope this helps.

edit: lol, thanks for that "useful" rating!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. sevente

sevente Kapellmeister

OK, I only really follow this site from the feed in the sister site, so I'm not totally up to date on what's been going on.
    I have noticed an increase in what I would call "troll" threads, on topics unrelated to music, about the nature of humanity and so on and so forth - which I haven't participated in, because fuck that shit, I can do that on any other site on the internet.
    But from what I can gather, what seems to be the problem (and again, I haven't really been following) is that someone has been going crazy with the "nasty" button, which has offended a few long term posters and they've decided to leave - which is not a good thing.
    But to me it seems like panties getting bunched for the wrong reasons. Does the "nasty" button actually mean anything? If so, then that is an issue. But if not, why give these people power over you? Why let them control which sites you participate in?
    If I'm wrong, and a certain number of "nasty" votes means you can't post or something like that, then please correct me. But all of this seems like a lot of drama over some relatively minor shit.
    Make music, not war. And if the trolls persist, don't engage with them, there's plenty of other people on this site that are actually worth listening to and engaging with.
    Just my 2c.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@Herr Durr
    Dunno man, it's your call to abide or not and nobody but you knows best what satisfies your mental well being.
    Something less than 3 years ago our acquaintance started on the exact opposite end of where it is now, i like to think we became friends or at least pleasantly exchanging opinions. Personally i'll miss your wits dude and your mischievous yet educated remarks. As i miss VonSteyr's and will miss TonyG too. Do me a favor and check your pm before you go :)
    All the best m8.

18. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

I only ever joined this forum to learn, help, and teach when possible. This isn't a "social network" to me like Face Book. I left Face Book because of everyone's dramatic nature. Herr Durr, I've read so much of your stuff, and man yer funny, sarcastically so, stick with that ...yer good at it. Guy's, life is frikken hilarious, try not to waste time in life being so serious and dramatic. Drama belongs within the music itself. Making Music, Sound Design, Mastering et al. is why we are here. Try not to forget that. (I know this post is all over the place, but it's a response toward the general nature of a few other posts as of late, and whats been going on lately.). PEACE PPL
    :mates:

19. DJK

DJK Rock Star

leave quitley, and close the door after you thx, more drama than tv

20. Diogenes

Diogenes Guest

Nobody's left and nobody's leaving. They all come back with a different name (but same old personality disorder).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List