Here's Why Modern Pop Music Is So Terrible

Discussion in 'Conversations About Good Music' started by tulamide, Sep 5, 2017.

1. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

Only poorly created studies have a bias ....and never by design......obviously duh!

2. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

I also have to thank the OP for all the beautiful rabbit holes and tinned worms that this opened for me.
    The millenium whoop......googled it and watched them all roll by.... using it unashamedly in the bleedin' chorus mostly. Songs I've never heard before and I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that people presumably pay money for this rubbish. As a total abstainer from listening to the radio/tv I was amazed at such banality and predictability.
    I certainly don't feel that my abstenence from current music and it's influences has limited me in any way. Standing on the shoulders of dwarves, even though it could well be the title of my next album, is not for me!
    No offence to any dwarves intended

3. grabme

grabme Kapellmeister

Why do people even want to make pop music nowadays, is it purely for money or do they believe in what they are doing? Its all so samey, unoriginal and bland and very difficult to tell one artist apart, I don't know what the motivation is anymore and I can't believe that the people making it genuinely like the sound of it. Does the world honestly need another pop song that sounds just like the last one, I really can't see the point and wish they would just stop.

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

the average listener to the radio in the way to work 30 year old mom 99 percent pop demographic, they demand a specific thing out of pop music. its least about music more about dreaming better life and distracting from pains and shit in life. its a cultural aspect not a music thing.
    that said there are cool things about pop music at times, its just VERY simplistic stuff.

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

Perhaps one of the reasons:

People are not much interested in collaboration like the Chinese and Japanese do. Everyone thinks only of themselves just for self-satisfaction.:bleh:

6. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

The most logical post yet on this thread. You have to be extremely arrogant to think, that something as subjective as music, can be generalized based off of your PERSONAL preference. I notice most successful musicians, are more open minded and don't share the same myopic views as the creator of this thread. Ironic