Here's Why Modern Pop Music Is So Terrible

Discussion in 'Conversations About Good Music' started by tulamide, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Jeen

Jeen Producer

tell me about looooool

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Don't compare the protesting via music with bad manners of one towards another guy. The latter is solely social incompetence and a bad and stupid behaviour in all decades.

Very true! It probably was just a matter of time when some shit like this comes up. I agree.

Let me make this clear, Jeen: The discussion we had so far has nothing to do with an IQ.
    And here's a few points that are not debatable. I make them to end the IQ shit and ask you to return to the main topic afterwards. My IQ is a little over 130, according to MENSA. In my country I belong to the 2% minority of so called "higher intelligence". It means nothing. Every day on this site alone I see how little I know, how hard it is for me to understand certain concepts, that others understand easily. A high IQ only means, you're good at multiple choice (yep, I made the test), or even you just were extremely lucky when guessing answers. And IQ is NO synonym for intelligence. The latter is so diverse. You can have a very low IQ, but a huge social intelligence. You can solve the hardest problems in physics and yet be a dumb idiot when interacting with people. You want to measure people? Do it based on dignity and a peaceful mind, not based on IQ.

And now back to topic, please.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Jeen

Jeen Producer

Let me make this clear tulamide
    i'm not talking about iq but ignorance ...i don't even know who f..k Richard Lynn is ...and if he's a racist i was happy to don't know him...but i know my geographic basics :)
    and i'm peaceful ..i give you a good rating ...and what about you ??? ;-)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Jeen

Jeen Producer

just for fun.....

Do it based on dignity and a peaceful mind ???, not based on IQ.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  5. daddytang

daddytang Producer

Cheese whiz will always be cheese whiz.

6. daddytang

daddytang Producer

Ive found that its fun to take a well known pop song like Desposito Ft. Bieber and extract the vocal using ADX Pro then write a new vocal line using Vocaloid CyberSongman. I try to say "Fuck Trump" in the vocal as much as possible. very cathartic..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. daddytang

daddytang Producer

Here is one where i replaced the lyrics from Avicii a friend of mine and took some liberties with samples and then added a good lyric about Trump felching.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. @daddytang .. you have got something going on, dude, very cool!

9. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

The point that people seem to miss. Is that YOUR opinion on what's good or not, in regards to music, is purely subjective. There's no logical justification for trying to push you're musical taste as a "fact". That line of reasoning is totally contradicting to what defines art.

10. G String

G String Rock Star

Another shitstorm. lolz.

11. Jeen

Jeen Producer

i agree , regards to music, is purely subjective. There's no logic to musical taste , i like all kind of music ,
    there is bad and great in all styles for me ... but i will never lost my dignity and my money to someone like Bieber who shit on his fans
    even if he was gifted as Quincy Jones an MJ in one guy ...and he's far lol

12. daddytang

daddytang Producer

Thanks man. Having fun with it.

13. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Dude, I almost felt like my soul was cleansed... almoust! very cathartic ... and funny!

Put in a video-editing with Donald Trump most ridiculous quotes and pictures, put on youtube and voilĂ : your message will be clearly understood...

14. daddytang

daddytang Producer

Dude. I went so hard after the election I forgot i did this video where i sampled Kendrick Lamar and added a footwork beat with Pic of DT and chicks. Probably went to far...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

Modern pop music has always been, is, and will forever be terrible. Let it age a few decades; future hipsters need something to point to while lamenting the sad state of modern pop.

@Jeen re. "How many Americans know where North Korea is": Roughly twice as many as Americans who care where it is.

16. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Shure, the more the better! but Desposito #Fuck Trump is sick man... those vocalises are just hilarious! it's even more sarcastic because you're mocking with one of the "hits" of the moment!

17. daddytang

daddytang Producer

Mocking with POP is too much fun. Ive forgotten the tune i used for this one.

18. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Can you imagine a lot of musicians doing this kind of goofy stuff (along with serious protest songs) and then sending them to trump's press gents? Power to the art of protest... do what you can!

19. tropen

tropen Newbie

everyone has a chronocentric ideal of what good music should be or is, and at the end of the day it's just relative to what the listener likes. "it was better when i was younger!"

yeah, well what wasn't better when you were younger? i see these threads pop up again and again on pretty much every platform imaginable and they all conclude the same way: a lot of relatively obscure or unknown artists pontificating about how if the popular collective music taste was better, they wouldn't be here toiling away, because they actually have the superior taste.

hating everything that a majority of people enjoy doesn't improve your art at all. if you think it sounds good, listen to it. if you think it sucks, don't. really not that hard.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. G String

G String Rock Star

Seeing as we are loving Trump, I'll repost this thing I did (musically rubbish, but.....)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List