HERE ARE THE NEW CUBASE 8.5 FEATURES!

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by billythehit, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Lol. Read carefully dude. Mac-esque monitor support. Not just using 2 monitors. Plugins stay where you put them last, etc. Why is this such a hard concept for people haha?!!

2. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

You've already been answered, yet keep replying with the same comment. Dude. It's for monitor support. Plugins stay sized and placed where they were last put. Just like on Mac. Reaper does NOT do this on Windows. Period. It requires Aero to do it. Aero is not for flashing menus. I'm not sure how much more clear I can be about this.

3. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I am not try to offend anyone, just try to understand what I am saying.

I really must be stupid because when I run Reaper with out Areo my plugins stay sized properly and in place. . Also when I run previous versions of Cubase 7,6 and 5 with out Areo. Now on Areo maybe what I meant is the transparency thingy. So if this is true why does Cubase need Areo if older version do not use it?

If you do research for windows and DAW's they tell you to turn off anything that is not necessary one included is Areo, since you want your processing power for your plugins.

4. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Yeah I'm aware of PC optimization (for years I worked at a technology firm handling VPN connections to federal servers). Cubase didn't handle multiple monitors properly until 8. If Aero really eats that much of your CPU, you need a newer/faster computer. My pc is 4 years old and handles it with no problem at all. I get sub 15ms latency.

5. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Nice I do VMware and SAN's integration and I have been in IT for over 30 years. I have a 4790k my CPU is plenty fast and 32 gigs of ram. You windows guys like to waste resources. That is why I so much like Linux and VMware. Lean and Mean, no BS.

Well if what you are saying is correct about Cubase not handling dual windows properly until Areo that tells me Reapers programers are much better. I had no issues with Cubase 7.5 and dual monitors and that was on my older CPU. I have learned a lot from you and
    I used to respect Cubase programmers now I think they are ever worse that my initial thoughts. I think they should open source Cubase it and get there act together.

I get 3 to 5 MS with my CPU and my focus rite pro 40 and Cubase.

6. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

e mettice la pezza! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Fun fact: Cockos programmers used to work for Steinberg.

8. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Really Wow.. Great info. Another fun fact I can tell you the owner who started the company is the guy who programed Winamp.
    That was a great program..

I can also tell you as far as speed goes Reaper wins hands down. If they just get the midi editor a little closer to Cubase I am in leaving Cubase for life..

Please don't tell me you haven't noticed the bugs. Like if I move a slider by accident in Reaper I can undo it, forget it in cubase. Mixer undo's are not there. I know no one has ever accidentally did anything in the mix that never needed to be undone.

Also import some stems into Cubase with the correct tempo open up the wav and look at the measures and the time signature does not line up after 5 measures. Ok now tell me music is not about time and measures. LOL..

I love Cubase do not get me wrong, I switched from Cakewalk to it, but they are heading into a place that they do not need to be.
    They need to fix the bugs and release more free patches. They need to get the audio engine like reaper, lean and mean. Try it, see how much faster it is on your pc running the same amount of plugins. See that you do not need Areo running to have true multi monitor support. See that there 32 bride mode supports more 32 bit plugins.

Peace

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  9. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

The only thing I don`t like in Cubase is the price.

Everything else is more than enough to record and produce a band :cool:

10. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

I also love Winamp haha! I still use it. Many of the bugs you listed are actually features that are missing. I never have misalignments with time encoded wavs to my knowledge. But I don't often use them as work entirely in the box these days. I'm getting slightly better performance from cubase 8 than reaper 4. But I haven't yet tried reaper 5. So maybe they sped it up a bit since then. Yes it is pricey. I managed to snag an educational copy of Pro 8 for $165. So I can't complain as much as some. :)