Henry Olonga – VoXX ACthirty Amp PRO

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by abhinavjoshua, Mar 12, 2014.

1. abhinavjoshua

abhinavjoshua Noisemaker

Do I need to add a cab sim after this AC30's amp sim? I am totally confused! :dunno:

I think I am misunderstood! :dancing: Is this thing ("Henry Olonga – VoXX ACthirty Amp PRO") a cab sim? Say yes and I'm done! :thumbsup:

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=henry-olonga-voxx-acthirty-amp-pro-nebula-192-khz :wink:

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Mix_to_Master,

The 'VOX AC-30' is an 'All-in-One' Guitar Amp. I mean, it's a 'Combo' Amp, thus the 'Amp' and 'Cab' are in the 'same Box'... and as I think that 'Henry Olonga' has been wise enough to sample both the 'Amp' signal path and the 'Cab' output (with several Mics and a lot of Mic Positions !), I can only guess that (normally !) you'll not need to add an 'external' Cab... Nevertheless, and mainly because I still don't have tried it (in 'download process' right now ! *yes* ), if to your ears the sound seems too 'harsh', you can 'add' an external 'Cab' (with your preferred 'Impulse Responses') to soften a bit the global sound... :wink:

[​IMG]

5. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

It's the cab , but with a bit of extra flavour from the preamp and poweramp as well. So use it as a cabsim (although you can try to use it standalone). In other words, it's ok to use an ac30 ampsim in front if you think it needs it.

And it is 4 pounds, which goes to children's charity... Just pay for it if you end up liking it / using it.

6. onhappin

onhappin Ultrasonic

the fact that people uploading it here end up getting more money than Henry himself upsets me... don't know y :dunno:

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Due to its technology Nebula can't amplify a lot the signal, so the programs like this are cabs and preamps, maybe TS.

Nebula can't emulate a head amp.

BTW, Brian May approves this, he always use this amp. :)

8. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

Yeah, Nebula can capture the dynamics, frequency response and THD pretty good.... but it can't capture and reproduce distortion / overdrive / breakup.
    That's why Henry says to use a distortion VST / pedal in front of it to get a bit of that breakup going, the rest is captured in it. But that makes it 'not an amp sim' in any sense.
    For clean(er) tones though, capturing the whole path of the amp can be very nice.

For more rocky / heavy stuff these nebula captures of whole amps or a bit useless IMHO. But who knows I might be missing the point :).

9. abhinavjoshua

abhinavjoshua Noisemaker

Will surely buy some other libraries. It's for some good cause! :wink: