Help your boy Majestic recreate this tone in Amplitube

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Majestic, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

Hello fellow Audiosexers. I was wondering if someone could recreate this guitar tone in Amplitube please. It is the lead tone that starts at 0:27:

The creator of this video said in the comment section that he used Amplitube with Ample Sound Strat, both of which I have, to create this tone.

I would prefer it be done in Amplitube, but honestly, any of the popular software amp sims would work just fine, too. That includes:
    Amplitube, Guitar Rig, Overloud, Kuassa, Nembrini, Positive Grid,
    Mercuriall, Line 6 Helix, Blue Cat, Audio Assault, Kazrog
    Neural DSP, STL Tones.

But please, if you can, Amplitube preferred.
    Please help your boy Majestic create this awesome tone.

Also, while you're at it, can you help recreate the clean tone that begins at 0:08. I know it must be simple, but I want to make sure to get it right. If you could also provide a little demo with the patch file, that would be marvelous.

Thank you very much everybody.

3. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

There's at least three different rigs/tones..

For the Clean,
    Just use a Roland clean amp (Jazz Amp 120?),
    some Chorus, and whatever Echo type thing.. not hard to replicate.

For the Lead,
    Using a Strat with single coils is not the most kosher thing for a Metal lead,
    unless you're Iron Maiden or YJ Malmsteen.. but since you're at it, I'd try to replicate Yngwie's tone..
    He uses a Marshall JMP Mark II Superlead, so I'd start from there..

For the Rhythm,
    Any proper hi-gain Amp like an ENGL Powerball could do,
    try them and see which one gets closer with whatever guitar model you're using..

Getting a proper guitar tone means experimenting and fiddling/tweaking a Lot,
    there may be some science behind it, but to get a proper tone one needs to get his hands dirty :wink:

4. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

Clean Tone : Mesa Boogie, Compressor and a wide reverb, Chorus and echo ... The sound is very typical for the 80s ....
    Lead Tone : Marshal Amp , Overdrive Pedal , Reverb , maybe Delay ...

Rhythm : From Engl to Soldano ... Can fit

the variation of different boxes can work wonders ... try them out

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  5. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

Thanks for the help. Yes, but the creator of the video used a single coil, so I guess that's what I'll use too.

Thanks for the help. Could you be a bit more specific as far as the Marshall, and Overdrive Pedal, please.

6. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

well, my experience relates to hardware... i've only played this guitar software a few times as a test, so i can't tell you anything more specific.

the solo sound mentioned is a so-called 80s creamy guitar sound, or at least that's what we called it in the 80s... what we used was a marshall 2203 super lead, plus a boss overdrive pedal...i would instead, look for an amp model in amplitube that is largely identical to marshall super lead 2203, plus an overdrive (not distortion) ... try that first and get in touch again

7. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

Anybody else?