Help with Yamaha HS7s

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by EAR TO LEARN, Mar 20, 2019.

1. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

I must admit, 'The Halfway Bass Null' isn't something I've heard of while doing some research into room setup, definately something I will look into. Great post, thanks a ton.

2. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

sometimes you can even hum a nasal tone sweep :) and hear shit directly. a while ago i needed to use a small regular room for while that was not treated and did just that, the resonance I got in the 100hz was awful before even playing any music, then when I played some tracks there it was, almost imposible to play anything loud..

never got to figure out if it was the big desks fault everything was placed that created the awful reflections on or if it was the room though

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  3. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

Could you take a look at the link in my OP at the desk I'm using, It has cool 360 degree rotators for the monitors...Could these be an issue also?

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Dont worry about that. http://www.ultimatesupport.com/ms-80b.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

Those look awesome, do you own or have experience with them? And would you reccomend I purchase a pair? If so I may have to start saving up.

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I will definitively recommend them. I am a current user. I migrated from the Auralex .The MS-80s offer excellent isolation plus are way more flexible. The angle of your speakers can be adjusted which to me is as important as isolation. Another option is https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...200-isolation-stands-for-studio-monitors-pair

7. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

I guess I have another thing to add to my shopping list, my stands rotate 360 degrees as they are but I'm sure this will add to the quality of the response from my monitors...They certainly look powerful, the links have been bookmarked and I'll be researching more into this. Quality post :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List