Help with nebula please

Discussion in 'Software' started by issaaudiothing, Oct 23, 2021.

1. issaaudiothing

issaaudiothing Noisemaker

Hello, i recently bought a new computer for audio work, I use Studio One (5.4) and I use a lot of Nebula emulations. On my previous computer everything was running fine beside the fact that it were like half the power of the new one. But on the new one, while i have plenty processing power, i have a bug with Nebula and Studio One and it's totally random. When i open the GUI of a Nebula plugin everything is slowing down (vu meter, Studio One GUI response) and at one time it freezes completly with my CPU meter jumping right at 100% (if i run my projects without opening the GUI of Nebula i'm at 40% or so). Same weird thing happens when I save project (and this one is driving me mad). I hit save, one time it's okay, and the other it take like 5min if I let it freeze and resume, but same thing, CPU meter at 100% and everyhing is frozen. Do you guys know how to avoid that? I don't find anybody talking about such a problem so I'm a bit lost.
    Thanks

ISSA

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Please install this program and post a few screenshots!

Latest version: LatencyMon v 7.20
    www.resplendence.com/latencymon

4. issaaudiothing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tell me if you want more details, i never used this program ^^

5. kags

kags Member

don't know about your case man, but i do believe they have fix it in the last update studio one 5.4.1 cause 5.4 crash on N4
    please check the release notes from
    Version 5.4.1 Release Notes (October 14, 2021)
    i had the same issue on osx.
    Buena Suerte!

6. issaaudiothing

Thanks man but I have already checked that when I saw the update, but in the end it was even worse so I went back to 5.4 ^^

7. kags

kags Member

are you in windows ...? in my case, I went back to 5.3 and after reading, they have fixed the N4 problem, I have 2 days working normally...
    one last advise, what about to turn off "enable Graphics acceleration" in "preferences" "general". just to see if can handle it?
    beside that i'm out of knowledge. the only thing i know is, presonus needs to learn how to deal with graphics :(

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  8. issaaudiothing

Yes I’m on windows, I’ll test 5.3, it’s kinda annoying because 5.4 improved CPU performance (especially with Softube Tape multitrack version)

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It looks very good: " Conclusion: Your System appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks. "

1.) About Acustica Audio products resources load and performance
    https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/...audio-products-resources-load-and-performance

2.) Don't let audio glitches ruin your performances!
    An in-depth guide to tuning Windows for reliable real-time audio performance. A free eBook.
    www.cantabilesoftware.com/glitchfree/

3.) Acustica Audio’s Acqua Effect plug-ins come in two versions: zero latency (ZL) and normal (no ZL). While the zero latency version does not introduce any latency to your system, the normal version does. This buffer varies in size for each plug-in and helps to reduce significantly the CPU and system load of your computer. For this reason, we recommend you to use the zero latency instances during tracking. Keep in mind that anything that can reduce the CPU load on your system should be considered. For example the track count of your session and the number of plug-in instances in use, sample rate, etc. You could also consider the use of direct monitoring or double buffer/hybrid audio engines if it is available in your host.

In less delay-sensitive audio tasks like mixing, mastering and editing, we generally suggest setting your audio interface and host buffer with high values, in order to provide better stability and avoid any lost audio buffer. CPU and RAM load could become too heavy if the audio channel or the plug-in count within the session is large. We also recommend you to pay attention to how your host manages the multi-core load distribution by using macOS's Activity Monitor or Window's Task Manager.

Parallel computing is a type of computation in which many calculations are carried out simultaneously. Large problems can often be divided into smaller ones, which can then be solved at the same time. Task parallelism involves the decomposition of a task into sub-tasks and then allocating each sub-task to a processor for execution. The processors would then execute these sub-tasks simultaneously and often cooperatively.
    Source: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/...audio-products-resources-load-and-performance

4.) CPU issue with Reaper & Acustica Audio plugins (11% CPU usage but choppy audio)

Basically they use convolution (a really complex kind using volterra kernels) so they are very CPU intensive. So you want to give them as much CPU power and time to process as possible. If you have any other live instruments and FX, freeze/render them down to audio. Turn your audio interface buffer up even higher. You will not be tweaking these things too rapidly for mastering anyway. Consider lowering your sample rate considering you're at the mastering stage and the already-low noise floor will no longer compound.
    www.reddit.com/r/Reaper/comments/helph4/cpu_issue_with_reaper_acustica_audio_plugins_11/

10. issaaudiothing

Thanks for you awnser man, but I rather search for Nebula tweaking only, otherwise my new PC is blazing fast and I have no problem at all. The only thing I don't understand is why a super powered PC is less powerfull with Nebula plugin than a casual laptop, I mean, it's a nonsense. And in addition to that, let's assume that my CPU is weak and can't keep up with nebula, why is it totally random? And why when I'm saving my session it can be super fast an the other time it takes 5min where I can do nothing on my computer beside seing my CPU meter at 100%? :/

11. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I can only say what I have read about Nebula, I do not use it. The Convulation Reverb is supposed to eat up a lot of CPU. I can only say you should optimize your PC. Maybe change the latency. I would write to Nebula Support. It can also be due to Studio One, to the graphics card, to Windows. So update everything, deactivate unnecessary programs that run in the background.

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/t/nebula/tool/nebulasetups

How to mix with HIGH CPU plugins like ACUSTICA AUDIO on a low performing LAPTOP (i5 processor)

Acustica Audio CPU Benchmarks Intel i7 Processors

12. issaaudiothing

UPDATE GUYS, I went back to Studio One 5.3 and everything seems to be solved, so if anybody has the same trouble with Studio One, try this :D