Help with Mixing/Mastering

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by macnuhh, Jul 6, 2015.

1. macnuhh

macnuhh Newbie

Can someone please teach me how to mix this good? via skype or something.

http://soundcloud.com/track_savage/rain

http://soundcloud.com/track_savage/voyage

http://soundcloud.com/track_savage/i-love-it

3. xsze

xsze Guest

Post some of your mixes and it's informative to know about your setup also, are you willing to pay for this 1-on-1 service and so on :thumbsup:

4. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

have u checked/finnished the 120parts intro to mixing tutorial https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8hp7Ohapfw35BHsO0LO5FnCUtrpQDRiF ?

5. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

hahah sure.

dont use eq on any channel, leave everything hi-fi sounding.

compress the shit out of every channel.

never write your own material, only use loops what other people made/processed already.

don't watch tutorials on youtube, don't learn anything.

on the master channel never leave any headroom, max out everything with clippers, multiband compressors and limiters.

only use fruity loops studio latest cracked version!

always make your tracks the loudest of the competition !
    ------------------
    i hope this helped

6. Pete

Pete Member

A great way to start, is to turn off all your plugins, and just mix with the volume faders, get everything as good as you can make it (to your ears), and then start with EQ, Compression etc. It's so easy these days to start piling on the plug ins right from the get go. Do as much as you can, with a little as you can before you progress. :)

There are some excellent books on the subject including:

Mixing and Mastering in the Box: The Guide to Making Great Mixes and Final Masters on Your Computer (by Steve Savage)
    and "The mixing engineers handbook".. I forget who it's by.

That combined with Sound on Sound/YouTube etc. You couldn't be alive in a better time to learn about mixing music... one thing though...

Practise dude.. like practise SO much. Tutoring is great, but the best thing about you is that you'll mix things to YOUR taste and YOUR taste might be the next big thing so... keep at it, understand it's going to be shit for a while but with every mix, you'll get better.

Good luck :)

Pete

7. remix

remix Platinum Record

you could always pay an expert...

what do you think your gonna learn in one skype session?

:rofl:

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Mixing is a journey that will take you much time to perfect and a Skype session isn't gonna do it. It's something that you are gonna have to take the initiative to learn. Nobody is gonna bring it to you. I would recommend perusing AudioSex Academy. Part I in particular has mixing tutorials and there are also many threads through the forums that delve into different aspects of this art and provide useful tips. Also some informative videos that I can recommend are Dance Music Production 3: Mixing And Mastering as well as Lynda's Audio Mixing Bootcamp With Bobby Owsinski. The Dance Music Manual by Rick Snoman also has useful Mix theory. There are many other books and tutorials out there as well. This is just something to get you started.

9. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

^ nuff sed really...